NJ Dyno Day April 14

OK OK OK. Enough guys LOL. Lets try to keep this thread on track. :D We had a pretty good thing going with the results of the dyno event. It will be even better for the Spring event. (hint hint) LOL. Anyway, we all sorta expected the outcome. It is what it is.

Wade, I have daily driven my 05 for the past 2 years and have logged almost 65,000 miles on it. I have never missed an event because of part failure or breakage. You need to plan ahead. If the parts did not come in till 2 days before the event, you should have brought it the way it was. After all there is no way to compare apples to apples when you changed your whole combination! At this point we will never get to put to rest how much more power I was making than you on a single pump! LOL

The best thing you can do is park the truck till the next event. If you break it again before it gets there.......strike three.

jkretzer,

You are correct in your annalysis.... Dyno time is a valuable tool for use whether on a drag truck, pulling truck, or street truck. Finding out where and how much power is being produced is key to winning. Track times can be very inconsistent due to above mentioned reasons. A tuning change make make a difference seen or not just based on the atmospheric conditions changing. Most serious racers have portable weather stations so they can monitor and record these changes. Hence the reasons VA, Edge. TST, etc ALL do dyno tuning do to its value.

Doug

Jetpilot said:
jkretzer,

You are correct in your annalysis.... Dyno time is a valuable tool for use whether on a drag truck, pulling truck, or street truck. Finding out where and how much power is being produced is key to winning. Track times can be very inconsistent due to above mentioned reasons. A tuning change make make a difference seen or not just based on the atmospheric conditions changing. Most serious racers have portable weather stations so they can monitor and record these changes. Hence the reasons VA, Edge. TST, etc ALL do dyno tuning do to its value.

Doug

Thanks Doug, I dont claim to know much if anything about drag racing details. I just tried to relate it to a study that I would do and would have to support before it would be published to the world, I wouldnt want a bunch of world renouned PHD's cutting up one of my studies bc I didnt properly support it. I never knew that drag racers had portable weather stations, it does make sense now that you brought it up. Once again I have learned something. sorry to have gotten off subject. jk