No big boy swaps? 8.3/ DT466/3126...

would a pump from 8.3 fit our trucks? If so what if any is different or would need modified?

The 8.3 pump will fit, although, it may be just as expensive to just pull your pump and have it done up.

guy local has a 8.3 pump for $300. My pump is fine just though if it fit ours its nice to have a spare

Ive heard of people doin it but thay said it really wasnt worth the trouble. The oiling ports on an 8.3 pump are different and thats were they ran into there problems.

guy local has a 8.3 pump for $300. My pump is fine just though if it fit ours its nice to have a spare

I've heard rumors, now remember these are just rumors, that there are some 80s model Mack motors who's pumps are a direct bolt on replacement for a p-pump.

Also, the C7 may be gutless, but don't some of them have true Jake brakes instead of exhaust brakes? Now how f#$*in awesome would it be to have that in a pickup truck? :evil

Too bad those bigger motors get worse mileage:doh:. It would be cool to have one though, but I bet it would be hard on front end, drive train, and chassis. Sledpulling would be where it shines, except there's not really a class for them.

Dang, I can't seem to find a reason to put one in a truck, except for a jake.:bang

Too bad those bigger motors get worse mileage:doh:. It would be cool to have one though, but I bet it would be hard on front end, drive train, and chassis. Sledpulling would be where it shines, except there's not really a class for them.

Dang, I can't seem to find a reason to put one in a truck, except for a jake.:bang
To be different.
Just for fun.
For the challenge of getting it in.
Sense of achievement when it's done.
Fuel economy isn't as bad as you may think.

I was going to do a DT466 swap into my Super Duty, but funds are not there, otherwise I'd be driving it right now. Now I gotta sell it all.

Ha, I'd love to do a C-series Cummins swap into a '72-93 club cab long box Dodge...

Anyone planning any big swaps? Engines are coming down in price. I saw a running Ford(New Holland) 6.6 for $1500. Also a take out DT466(P-pump) for $1000.

IH-DT360
IH-DT466
Cat 3126/ C7
Ford(NH) 6.6
Ford(NH) 7.8
Cummins 6CT/8.3

Hey man where did you see the ford 6.6 at? I could use that.

Hey man where did you see the ford 6.6 at? I could use that.
It was at Valley Truck in Fresno. Seems they sold it. It was on there for over a year. Talk to Larry down there, he has the scoop on all their engines. He knows DT360s and Ford 6.6s arent high demand, so he should cut a good deal. The one they had was running, and still in the truck. Listed for $2500, but told me $1500, since I was trying to get my nephew to sneak it in his 72 F100. Out here, there's not many places to find a 6.6, besides there, Acme in Stockton, Jesco in Ceres, or Craigslist.
http://www.valtruck.com/search.php?part=3000

My Boss has a F550 with a C7 paid big bucks for it also.
Any pics? You guys need to keep in mind, the only reason engines such as the C7 are "gutless" is because their not offered in anything that is modified. If the 5.9 didn't come in a pickup where performance mods are common it would still be a pig. How many medium duty trucks sledpull or dragrace? I don't know of any big HP 8.3's for the same reason. The DT466 is a gutless wonder also in stock form. Now since it also came in tractors, which sled pull there is a market for performance parts.