no brake lights

I had an issue with my wiring going to the brake controller inside the cab. Double check that, that's my only advice

Let's be clear. At the female end of the factory brake controller plug I have constant power on the red wire.
When I activate the brakes I get power on the red wire and the white wire

Is that correct?

Red wire: constant power. White wire: brake signal. You sounds correct friend.

Or someone used scotch locks to wire up the brake controller. Scotch locks are bad news if dirt and moisture get to em.

Are you guys calling these things "scotch locks?"

Scotchlock-Large.jpg

I've never known what to call them. Probably because I wouldn't use them to wire a door bell on my dog house. They are useless and from the devil. Please remove any and all from your vehicles. I like it when trailer OEM's use them on brake wires under the trailers....in the open.....in the dirt.....water.... etc. Cheap bastards. If I see them even on borrowed things I replace them. I'm OCD and can't handle even the site of them.

I think they're called that because 3m makes them and scotch tape

Braking news. Get it? Breaking news

The Brand new brake controller I bought from Redneck trailer supply is bad. I installed the Tekonsha controller from my other truck and everything works

U just wish someone had said check the brake controller

Nah kidding. Thanks for the help everyone

Mods you may close if you wish

Let's keep it open so if someone has the same problem they can find an answer

The white wire is ground, the red is 12 volts to the trailer battery, the blue is 12 volts to the trailer brakes.

Glad you got it. Just takes time trouble shooting, it's always something simple in the end.

Thank God they made plenty of those fuses.

Yep, 95cummins you were right. Now to try and get my money back from the auto parts store

I would be a little Leary getting stuff from a store called " Red-Neck Trailer Parts" but what do I know lol..

Actually a national chain of trailer supplies

But I bought their house brand of controller instead of a Tekonsha