No BUS Signal

everything is running just fine. hasn't done it in over 24hrs.

check the fuse for "Engine" in the fuse panel in the side of the dash. even if it looks good put a new fuse in there. when mine was saying NO BUS and the gauges didn't work it was that fuse.

I wanna say its slot number 9 or 10, and its a 10A fuse

check the fuse for "Engine" in the fuse panel in the side of the dash. even if it looks good put a new fuse in there. when mine was saying NO BUS and the gauges didn't work it was that fuse.

I wanna say its slot number 9 or 10, and its a 10A fuse

I took it out and looked at it. It wasn't blown so I put it back in without changing it. This was Friday night. They started working Saturday during the day and hasn't stopped yet. Crossing my fingers that it stays that way. I have read that some have had the problem once every six months.

I put all new battery cables on the truck last night. Checked the engine fuse . All is good but the no bus is still on the dash.

Just go drive the truck for a wile like I did. It didn't hurt anything.... well on mine it didn't. Stay close to home incase something does happen. Mine just started working again with no problem since. And I have put another 300 miles on it since

There's a ground point with several ground wires under the left side kick panel. Might want to check those.

If it is an automatic and is shifting ok, then the PCM isn't totally fried. Push in on the trip meter and then turn the key on to the ignition positions. Then release the trip meter. It should initiate a instrument cluster self check.

i also have an 01 and when i got into it to leave work i got like a block down the road and all my gauges went haywire right after they settled my odometer started flashing no bus and my truck wouldnt go over like 15 mph. i got it to a dealer and at first they thought that i had reflashed the comp. but i havent then they told me that the reason it was acting up was the dodge comp couldnt communicate with the cummins computer, however since the truck wasnt doing it by the time i got it to the dealer they couldnt exactly figure out what caused it......

ZStroken It seems as though the trans is stuck in a high gear. It goes into reverse fine but in forward it seems as if it is third gear. Still no gauges and the no bus signal. All grounds are good so far.

If the trans is stuck in high gear, I would venture to say bad PCM.
Get a service manual, you can find a few places to see if you have 5V coming out of the PCM. I had a two wires short(12V and 5V) and it wiped out the PCM on my truck.

I wanted to know if I can replace the PCM on my truck with the one from my buddy's same year and truck basically. Will this work to see if my PCM is bad or not.

I would put your PCM on his truck. If something is shorted on your truck, then you could damage his PCM also.

Ok just asking before I take the plunge. If mine works on his truck I would think it has to be something else correct.

It took several try but I got the following codes. P1698,P1689,P0216,P0380,P0382,P0252. The superchips did not want to communicate very well.

Also the trans will only shift manually thru the gears. Does everyone still think that I need to replace my PCM.