No BUS Signal

To me it is sounding so. Mine just had a fluke (crossing fingers)

Just a question. If I unplug the three adaptors from the box on the passenger side firewall. Should the motor still run in the truck or not. If it continues running is there a problem.

I don't know that one but I'm sure someone or billy would know.

Hopefully someone on here knows the answer and where I should start trying to figure out this problem.

Just a question. If I unplug the three adaptors from the box on the passenger side firewall. Should the motor still run in the truck or not. If it continues running is there a problem.

I haven't tried it, but I would think it would still run. The engine is controlled by the ECM on the side of the block.

The PCM on the firewall just does other drivetrain control functions.

This is a communication problem between the ICP and PCM. Don't have the TSB handy, but involves a harness kit for the right connector of the ICP. PN 05016640AA.
I have also solved the NO BUSS by cleaning all bulkhead connectors, and applying dielectric compound.
Hope this helps.

I put a 1500 cluster in my 98. As soon as I put it in the no bus light came on and the high beam light will not go off. Any ideas? My old dash did not have this problem. Thanks

Definite mismatch!!

Is a 1500 dash different? All the gauges work properly its just the lights are on. What about a 2500 gas cluster are they the same as the diesel. Sorry for the hijack post

Does this mean the PCM is bad and the ECM is good. Golfer I am not even sure where the ICP is located.

OK let me stress first NEVER NEVER unhook the PCM or ECM while power is applied . You risk damaging the component.

I have read through the entire thread here and there is one grounding point that often gets over looked when you have a NO BUS or NO CCM in the odometer window.

On the drivers side kick panel behind the e/brake assembly there is a GANG ground for the gauge panel and overhead. This gang ground will loosen or become corroded from moisture over time . And at times the factory just screwed the ground to the inner metal panel right to the paint.

Check this ground , remove it polish the area with crocus cloth and reinstall.

I have checked all of the grounds. The gauges still do not work and the transmission will only shift manually through the gears not auto matically. I also noticed that the high beams and the indicator light do not work. Niether do the fog lights. Tail lights and other electronics inside the cab are working. (power windows, door locks, overhead lights. Any one else have any ideas.

HOLY CRAP, I just put a Dr performance box on an 02 cummins, and now it has the same issue. So far ive done this: removed chip, checked all connections, wires and grounds i could get my hands on, swapped PCM and Cluster from another truck, put battery charger on to make sure there's proper voltage. and today i started checking Power and grounds at the 2 connectors for the cluster. All powers and grounds seem to be good.

Have yall done the self test? with the key off, hold the trip reset button, turn key on and let go of button when you see CHEC on the odometer. if there's a failure, it will come up with 3 number codes(920, 921, etc). after that hit the button again and it will do a self test of the entire cluster