North East Ohio SPRING Dyno Day

crzycowboy said:
Dyno Day is tomorrow....hope to see some of you out there. You'll know me when ya see me, I'll be the one wearing a blue Grand Rock shirt and Red OSU cap! Should be a good time. If everyone shows up like they said, we'll have a little over 30 trucks!!!!! Hope to see ya'll out there.

Just talked to Kevin at TI Dyno, The Ashtabula Napa store is giving away a FREE case of Oil for the truck with the MOST HP!!!!!!
:( Who woulda thought, 3 trailers and they're all spoken for on Saturday. I'll have to sit this one out.

bnraodn.

Spring Dyno Day To Continue Next Weekend

Thats right the spring dyno day is going to continue next weekend. We had over 30 trucks show up, and 29 of which signed up to dyno. Unfortunatly we ran into a few issues at the dyno. Issue #1: Kevin (owner of TI Dyno) bought a OBD connector for the mustang dyno. The part NEVER showed up....this was not good, and Kevin will be on the phone tonight finding out WHAT happend. Issue #2: was the optical probe. Since we didn't have the OBD connector TI dyno had to use the optical probe, which FAILED 11 trucks in to the dyno! Needless to say it took longer to get the trucks hooked up to dyno, because they kept tryin' to get the optical probe to get a good read. After 11 trucks Kevin decided to call it a day, and offered the remaining owners to show up NEXT WEEKEND and dyno at 25$ for 3 PULLS!!!!! He was really bummed out because this happend, and wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to come out. We have 17 out of the 29 trucks that didn't dyno showing up next weekend to turn the drums at TI dyno. Everyone is more than welcome to come back out and watch this extended event. IF you'd like to dyno, please let me know, and I will contact Kevin at the dyno, and get you a time!! Thanks again for all that showed up, and sorry for the technical difficulties, but TI Dyno and Tuning will be making this up to everyone NEXT WEEKEND! That means if you missed it this weekend, you can come out NEXT weekend and enjoy the show!!!

I did however get some pictures of the 11 trucks that got on the dyno, you can view them here:

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s37/crzycwby/

Again TI Dyno and Tuning, and Grand Rock Co. appoligize for the problems but plan on making it up next weekend the 28 of April.

Last edited:
This guy was hiding for a good reason. It took more than ten minutes for the shop to clear out. First time on a Mustang. I've never seen my truck spool that slow and blow that much smoke.

100_0625.jpg
[/IMG]

466hp 942tq uncorrected on a Mustang. Dyno operator says 15-20 percent lower numbers than a Dyno Jet. That would be 535-559. I don't know, you decide. On Dunbars last year I put down 480.

Thanks for comming out Kevin, it was nice to meet ya. It's to bad things happend the way they did, but I'll keep ya updated as to what happens next weekend with the OBD2 connector. (by the way so far you have the most HP I belive which means you could win that case of oil, an other goodies)

I had fun just watching all the trucks run and talking with some of the guys...alittle dissapointed I didnt get to spin the rollers but I'll be back next weekend.

Sledpuller21, did we follow you down 11 after the event. You were messing with a Dmax dually? It was pretty funny, both of you where in front of that lowered s-10. When you guys started dumping fuel on him he disapeared! lol

Thats good to hear! I'm glad you'll be back next weekend! I'm also glad to hear tyou smoked out some little S-10.....LOL :evil

I let my partner Larry drive home, he was itching to play with you guys going down 11. I kept telling him no. He has a picture on his phone of the state trooper that gave us directions into TI's dyno after a very firm warning....hehehehe. Good thing he is in the market for a tuner, or we may have been a little later than 9:05. oops.

The Dmax pulled over after you took off. He has some kind of a code come up. I think the truck went into limp mode.

Yeah I noticed he just fell away the second time.. So are u guys plannin on coming out again this weekend? I'll have to get around and talk to mre people this time...I'm kinda a quiet guy though.

Just walk up to me Patrick or Larry and you'll not be quiet for long. I wish it wasn't so far I'd be back.

Actually Larry will be away, and the wife has a hunny-do list I blew off this weekend. She is due with our third child in september, so I have rooms to re-arrange, and paint. I wish I could make it back. It should be alot better this time with the OBD-II setup. If I tick her off too much I will end up missing the TS event, and I really want to get there.

WOW ! whose yellow Jeep Comanche is that with the Cummins C on the fender? And what was under the hood??? What kinda power it put down?

I'll email you some other pictures of it Jeff, hold on. As for power, all I can remember is he put down 168 hp. I'll get copies of everyones sheets this comming weekend when we go back.

Hp wasn't anything to brag about but IIRC it was around 400ft lbs tq.

:evil Nice- it has a 4BT under the hood!:clap:

Thanks for the pics Josh!:rockwoot:

I usually always have my camera or vid camera in the truck. Needless to say i didn't have either.

mech2161 said:
I usually always have my camera or vid camera in the truck. Needless to say i didn't have either.

:doh: :doh: Hate it when that happens.

Back