Northwest Diesel Nationals event is cancelled

NHRDA

The 2012 Northwest Diesel Nationals event is cancelled. We apologize for the late notice but Spokane County Raceway has come under new ownership and we have been trying to negotiate a new contract but they want to charge 3 times the amount we have paid in the past.

We are already working on getting another venue in Division 1 for the same weekend.

If all goes well we will be bringing back the GJ Big Sky Truck Fest at Yellowstone Dragstrip. They are also under new ownership and after talking to them yesterday they are very excited about getting the Big Sky Truck Fest back at their track.

I'd rather do the G&J event anyway. Great group of guys and great crowd.

Wherever it ends up I hope you're able to schedule it for the same date. We're already going to be in Spokane the week prior, so running over to Billings to race isn't that big a deal for me.

G&J is more fun anyway. Hopefully you can schedule for the same weekend. Already have the days off.

Agreed just no arm drop this year LOL

We will have a water truck and SOAP in the pits for you:lolly:

If all goes well the Dyno will be out at the track and Maybe even a Sled Pull

It will be great to have every one back.

Working on the BBQ now.

awesome, same weekend, the next weekend would work better seeing how my wife is having a baby that weekend

:bang

I live in Spokane!! Oh well, doesn't surprise me with the new track operator.

I'm moving to Spokane! I hope a compromise is made on both sides. The event was great last year and brought in a lot of new people. I would hate to see it go away after only one year.

I'm moving to Spokane! I hope a compromise is made on both sides. The event was great last year and brought in a lot of new people. I would hate to see it go away after only one year.

I tried to make a deal but they had nothing to do with it. We are not going to pay more for Spokane than we do for Indy.

Thanks to Brad at GJ it looks like the Big Sky Truck Fest will be back in2012.

We should have contract tomorrow for August 25th to return to Yellowstone Dragstrip

Yes full 1/4 mile track and a great facility. Glad to see its under new ownership too nice of a track to let it go to waste.

Can't wait for this event it was one of the events we looked forward to every year!!!

Sucks I live just north of spokane but I'm still planning on making this race

Curious, how much were you charging Spokane County Raceway?

LOL, it's about how much they were willing to PAY SCR! While SCR is a great facility, they were trying to get even more money than Indy, with its world class facility and demographics that pull in a huge number of people.

I liked all the improvements done at Spokane (I used to live there many years back), but after hearing some comments from friends who went to the LODRS race (big NHRA divisional race) this past weekend, it sounds like the new track management is not doing the place any favors. I hope they get it straightened out!

I always enjoy Billings, even at the arm drop last year! Just remember to bring mosquito repellent if it is anything like prior years there. The track itself is smooth as glass and when prepped properly (which I'm sure it will be for this event) it hooks great. The G&J Barbecue is always awesome as well!

That's the thing though, how do you know they were trying to get even more money than an Indy?

I love Spokane County Raceway and the NHRDA events that they usually have each year but I feel like the people aren't being given the right information here.

This is the new managements first year and I think that people should give them a break, they are ALL busting their butts trying to make this track better than its ever been before and in doing that, sure some mistakes will be made.... But I'm sure that they've learned a lot from the LODRS weekend and plan to do better in the future! I have a lot of faith in this track as you can probably tell! lol

I'm just stumped by the fact that the NHRDA race has been cancelled, there's got to be more to this story. Ha! My elders always told me, there's always two sides to every story!!

lol i realize how big an Indy race is compared to Spokane. I still think that there's more to this story. Can't believe everything you read on the internet

Back