Now injectors need replaced, and tranny smells burned.

Just glad it didn't have a bunch of metal on it. Will definitely be saving up for a transmission. Hope to have enough to get one this summer. I do have one question though. Since I put a filter that actually goes on a 95 instead of an 06. The two filters looked way different. The filter I took out was medal with the mopar name on it. The wix I installed was more like an open filter. No medal housing. Is that normal? Like I said before I know crap bout these things. This is my first auto, ever that had issues.

Just glad it didn't have a bunch of metal on it. Will definitely be saving up for a transmission. Hope to have enough to get one this summer. I do have one question though. Since I put a filter that actually goes on a 95 instead of an 06. The two filters looked way different. The filter I took out was medal with the mopar name on it. The wix I installed was more like an open filter. No medal housing. Is that normal? Like I said before I know crap bout these things. This is my first auto, ever that had issues.

Yes, you have the correct filter. It is should be an open filter, not in a plastic case like the factory 03-07 48re filter.

Adjust the 2nd gear band, it's a 3/4 socket fits the lock nut just above the front cooler line, loosen it and tighten the torx screw to 72 in lbs and back off 1 3/4 turns. You'll probably be good for a while.

The band tends to stretch and this takes the slack out of the apply mechanism so the band can perform as it is intended.

Thanks Scott. Will wait on the band tightening. I'm afraid that I will not do it right, and mess up the tranny.

I actually screwed up on mine. There is equal emphasis how much you turn the anchor screw out (7/8). If you don't, it will make terrible noises
I somehow didn't get far enough out.

Monkey Fist Rage

Back