Nuked ANOTHER vp?

i6chick

It's all about leverage
Truck shut down on me yesterday in the middle of 5 oclock traffic on a highway in the pouring rain...

My air dog runs, just replaced the motor on it less than a week ago. Cracked lines 1,3 &4. Cranked and cranked. Got a bubbly trickle from 4. Gave up for a while and snugged em up a bit. Tried again just before the tow truck got there, it sounded like it was trying to start. Then I got fuel from 1 & 3 but still no start. The only code was 0234 for over boost which is pretty much unrelated. The HRVP I have on it is just a year and a half old :(

Last time this happened I at least got a code. I'm wondering if my air dog's sucking air maybe? Planning on putting a gauge on it after work. My air dog pooped, my brakes locked up, now I can't even get it to run. All within five days each time in the pouring rain. FML

What do ya'll think?

Sounds like you puked a pump.......

I have never been a HRVP fan. I have a Scheid SO pump now. It has taken more abuse than anything else I have run, and I have run most out there.

It's cursed, I recommend dancing around it naked and posting the video, should clear the evil spirits right up LOL LOL (I kid BTW, but if you just wanna.....)

I would definitely check for it picking up air, have you tried bleeding the main feed line yet to see what you have there? Maybe run it into a container so you can see if there is any air? That is a known issue with the airdog pickup.

On the VP, I just replaced one that went wonky, threw no codes at all, but the truck would still run, if it's an internal electronics failure lack of codes is not surprising.

Dang, I just looked Tim. For the price on the website I might as well just p-pump the old girl. :( I really don't want to do this AGAIN.. ever lol.

It's cursed, I recommend dancing around it naked and posting the video, should clear the evil spirits right up LOL LOL (I kid BTW, but if you just wanna.....)

Hahaha... yeah I don't think my naked ass could even lift this bad luck off me lately. FML. :frown: this girl needs a break.

I figured if it was getting air maybe a gauge on that 1/8" fitting would pick it up? If not I reckon I could run it into a bucket under fuel and look for bubbles.

No lol, my luck is just so bad that every single time I'm stuck on the side of the road a tropical storm comes. I hate everything this week. :(

I can't rag on the Strokes or the Maxs anymore. I've been driving a 6.0 to work & this weekend I'll be in an LB7. Thankfully I have friends who lend me their rigs. I think they find it amusing to see me in something other than a Cummins lol. :(

Yeah, sadly my scheid hrvp has over 150k on it, and has been the most reliable thing on my truck (knocks on wood), it has had a 150+hp injector since new, i rolled a truck with it in it, installed in next truck and it still runs good!.... if you are wanting a vp to last, i say scheid is the way to go....although ive never had a problem out of a mumau pump with any costumers trucks

stupid phone

Running a fuel psi gauge is your first line of defense in monitoring the delivery to your vp.$.02

I know I know lol. I have a fuel pressure gauge but it's an autometer electric and both senders Ive put on it have gone bad... :( should prob invest in isspros but first things first. Gotta get it alive again.

I know I know lol. I have a fuel pressure gauge but it's an autometer electric and both senders Ive put on it have gone bad... :( should prob invest in isspros but first things first. Gotta get it alive again.

Then how can you blame the pump when you ignored your first line of prevention?

Then how can you blame the pump when you ignored your first line of prevention?

Because it's a VP and they're too sensitive lol. Just let me be mad at something other than myself for a little ok? This month sucks. :doh:

My wife totaled the gold truck!

Sent from my SGH-T879 using Tapatalk 2

Im with everyone else... Just P-pump that b!tch. Then you wont have to worry about it again.!

Theres a few sets of injector lines and a cheap 190hp pump that Dieselwrencher has for sale and I think a timing gear and a few other misc items that you will need... Might be a start for ya!