Nwpadmax

Wow, 503 feet is no joke! Way to go Matt, awesome hook. By far the best part of the whole run was the tractor parked at the end of the track driving away as you drug the sled closer to him well past the 300' mark.

Wow, 503 feet is no joke! Way to go Matt, awesome hook. By far the best part of the whole run was the tractor parked at the end of the track driving away as you drug the sled closer to him well past the 300' mark.

Talk about "going the distance".LOL I hope Mat posts the vid I took. It crazy as he drug the sled around the corner!

Congrats Mat on what sounds like an awesome pull, i wish i coulda been there!

After Calvin pedaled it to 407, I looked at Cooper, and said you are going down town, he didn't look too sure.....LOL

I keep telling you guys, thats an Allison track!!!!!

I have had enough of rain, thats for sure.

only 503' because the sled driver was blowin the horn like a mad man, so Matt shut it off. There was more in that truck! I was standing behind the infield on the back straightaway & I saw the cloud of smoke go behind the announcers booth, back out the other side & around turn 1. simply AWSOME ! congrats Matt:woohoo:

It just wouldn't quit!

It was a freak set of events, no doubt, but I sure learned a lot last night.

At 400' the flagger is running backwards, laughing, and the only reason that I stopped was that the sled operator laid on the air horns! I went to the midpoint between turns one and two.

Un-fricken-believable.

The story of that run belongs to Gene Mohney, a.k.a, Sledpuller.

The background is, I have sucked at that track, bad. Real bad. Embarrassing bad. There is embarrassing video to prove it shot by TrailerPro (I still wanna kill him for it :D).

Sleddy comes up to me, says "I'm tellin' ya, you get that thing in 4th gear, there's no way he can stop you, you are going to win this pull."

I said "stop f-ing with me, dammit. This is gonna suck, just like last year."

I did exactly as he said, nailed it HARD off the line, smacked the rev limiter in both 2nd and 3rd, and then stabbed 'er up into 4th and prayed hard that she would stay lit. It bogged just a hair, and then just took off.

Again, un-fricken believable.

I owe Gene at least a case of beer for that one. :D

Damn Nice Pull Matt, I Guess You Like Stoneboro Now ?

I used to have a hate relationship with that track. It's trending toward love-hate now LOL

Somebody else needs to post the video...I gotta go work on my new antique house, so sez the boss :doh:

503 that's not bad sled set up that's just a man that followed instructions!1$.02 great job on the hook!!!!!!!!!!1

Well, for one, it rained all night, then scraped all the goo off, and it wasn't too bad since Stoneboro is a horse track.

When I hooked to the sled I had my windshield wipers on. I think I left 'em on.

If you can hook to the gravel there, you can drag the sled a long ways. I've seen the guys who "get it" do it many times.

Not taking away from a great run but that is how people and machines get hurt besides most insurance wont cover any thing past 350 that falls on the promoters thats just stupid to run out that far but congrats on the good run what sled was it?

The only thing running fast was the tires of the trucks. the ground speed was remarkably slow. While the "Blue Mack" sled takes a lot of flack, it actually pulls almost like a lot of others. Not like the fast running ones however. I'm guessing some of the trucks took a hit because of the elapsed time of the hook.

Its called, "HYDROPLANE".

The first truck had an awesome hook, and went 235. We lightened a TOUCH, and Bobby went down town.
Now they are both broke, and we are basically half way through the class.

I looked back, Figured Calvin and Cooper were the only ones that had a shot at it,(I was right), it was raining again, and I said RUN IT.

The call was correct under the circumstances.

Cooper,were you running BFG Ats?

Oh, as far as my pulling/driving advice, I tell EVERYONE on every track, every sled, to go wide open, never lift. It makes for a better show!!!!!:evil:evil:evil