Off road only fuel -- Harmful?

Back in the good ole days when I was fortunate enough to have a diesel truck, I used to run red fuel all the time. The truck had originally been my dad's work truck, and he never got around to taking all the equipment out of it. I would pull up and go pre-pay for the fuel, and if they tried to give me the offroad only line I would say, "this is my dad's work truck He asked me to go fill it up. See the big bottle thingy in it, that has something to do with welding"
Worked everytime and at the time offroad fuel was only 89 cents a gallon. The truck never seemed to have any problems running it, or when I switched back and forth with regular diesel.

Ya it won't do nothing to your truck I have been running dyed since day 1 in my 06 I have 50K km's on it now and no problems. I run it everyday all day as well as my parents we always run it wherever we go unless we head into the states then we put a tank of clear in and keep the reciept because they do dip at the border. We also have our trucks registered under farm so it is legal up here to run them that way. Anyways I have not had 1 bit of trouble running the dye .

I ran off road and kerosene countless times in my 03 6 liter and the only initial adverse affect was a loss of HP from the kerosene.

the fuels are exactly the same as of oct 06...its all over the intnet if ya look..go to cummins site

Snake said:
Not sure how true it is, but I've heard states throwing out fines as high as $500/gal for the capacity of the tank. So a 30 gal tank would land you a $15k fine! I dunno, but when I think about saving $12 per tank filling up versus a $15k fine, I'll pay the extra $12.

--Snake

Very true in Ok. A guy in my wife's hometown paid out $22K. He got a flatbed pickup probed at a livestock sale and they went to his farm and found two other trucks with red fuel in them. Not good if you get caught. If them cricked bastages would make road fuel affordable we wouldn'tbe tempted to cheat. *bdh*