Official Cali Sledpull thread!

Joe,

I think I am going to hold off until i get my tranny issue worked out. Not having 3rd gear is killing me but, I am on it and hope I can get the bugs worked out by Gustine. Not gaurenteeing anything at this point though.

I dont think my Street hook made it to Youtube, i kinda dont mind since it was embarassing

You may want to read the rules again. BBD can't run street mod. Suspension needs 2'', DOT tires, single turbo... He isn't even allowed in the extreme class. No tube chassis. Why they put him in that class I don't know.

I agree. I think Scott would agree we need to be held accountable on the rules.

What's really even worse then that scenario is the guys that get bumped from running stock classes because they have a converter lockup switch or an Edge. They get thrown into the street mod class.

What's really even worse then that scenario is the guys that get bumped from running stock classes because they have a converter lockup switch or an Edge. They get thrown into the street mod class.

Really? Sure looked to me like all the stock trucks had some sort of fueling upgrade.

well, i know of one guy for sure that was running a stock turbo that was bumped at Sonora and all he had was an Edge and a lockup.

I agree. I think Scott would agree we need to be held accountable on the rules.

I do agree we have been trying for years to standardize the rules, right now MLM's rules are the closest to NADM, I wish others L&L/VTPA etc... would follow suit, we need to let them know we want the changes and I am sure they will listen well maybe not VTPA :)

I saw the tube chassis thing when you posted the rules, I met all but the tube chassis rule (1) and I bet most of you didn't meet at least three like helmet, fire suit, kill switches, driveshaft loops, fire exstingusher etc....

Nice hook Andrew, and nice meeting you. Nice to see Doug out at the pulls again as well.

BBD

Thanks Scott.

I didn't know what to expect from BBD, next time I will know not to stand at the 300ft mark on a 250ft track. I was on top of that coral gate in under a second when I saw how far you were going.

Provided for a great view though, kinda like playing chicken with a freight train!

Last year the we pulled the yellow mechnical sled at Gustine.

-Tom

I knew I had too much that night...I do remember now the tractor chasing down the sled every time. So anyone else going out there that hasn't posted? I don't think I've met any of you other than Albert, but not sure if he posts on here.

ya i think the rules should be followed a little better especially the tube chassis one cause that dose not make it fair for the little guys....its not like i am going to pull a smoker tractor in a antique classLOL:bang:bang

ya i think the rules should be followed a little better especially the tube chassis one cause that dose not make it fair for the little guys....its not like i am going to pull a smoker tractor in a antique classLOL:bang:bang

Like I said, I met more of the rules then anybody else in the class!!!! if they would have followed the rules there would have been nobody in the extreme class. I was the closest to meeting all the rules.

BBD

I would also agree on that the rules need to be standard everywhere around here, it's very confusing for us newer pullers ( such as myself )
For example some of the rules don't limit exhaust at all, others say it has to exit up or down with the bolts. But since VTPA doesn't even open hoods and check for anything I think they need to get with it the most...

Like I said, I met more of the rules then anybody else in the class!!!! if they would have followed the rules there would have been nobody in the extreme class. I was the closest to meeting all the rules.

BBD

I dont know about that!! Josh is just as close to the Rules as you are. You better take a little Closer look next time before you assume your the closest to meeting all the rules. And a tube fram chasis is pretty far from the rules not an easy fix if i am right. Its easy to get some loops, helmet, firesuit, ect... compared to chagin out your tube frame chasis. So even though it may be one rule it's one big rule. Even you could admit that. Rules are Rules and you always preach them to the rest of us and if your going to preach them then lead by example please next time go exhibition class and show us you know how to follow the rules just like you say you do.:thankyou2:

Last edited:
Back