Official Cali Sledpull thread!

Joe, you have the right idea this was all batted around years ago when I was at the DD level. We came up with the current MLM rules in which we were trying to mirror the then DHRA rules as much as possible. You right in that we need to tech our own because the gasser guy’s have no clue of what to look for. We started that but as stated before a lot times folks didn’t show up to tech and the pullers including my self were to busy getting there trucks ready. I don’t think we need 5 classes but 3 is a good start like MLM has however I propose making the top class open for the twin charger trucks guy’s and I will be more then happy to pull exhibition.

IMO if you guy’s keep showing up to the events were they don’t take the diesel seriously and won’t give you more classes then you don’t have a leg stand on or right to complain if your supporting them.

BBD

I think we need to switch to NADM 2.6, 2.8 and SS. Run Scott Exhibition and call it a day.

-Tom

I don’t think we need 5 classes but 3 is a good start ......I propose making the top class open for the twin charger trucks guy’s and I will be more then happy to pull exhibition.

sounds good.

how about :nos:

back in the day, you couldn't even touch the air pressure after you crossed the scale. Now everybody is back on the honor system I guess.:hehe:

There are too many 2.8 trucks to get rid of that class.

The 2.6 will even the playing field for all three makes. Instead of workstock being bias towards the Dmax.

And SS will incorporate DOT tires, twins up 3.2" on the atmospheric charger, and big drivelines.

-Tom

There are too many 2.8 trucks to get rid of that class.

The 2.6 will even the playing field for all three makes. Instead of workstock being bias towards the Dmax.

And SS will incorporate DOT tires, twins up 3.2" on the atmospheric charger, and big drivelines.

-Tom

3.2" is about 81mm right?

That will cover all the S480 setups.

:rockwoot:

just read these NADM rules.......http://runnadm.com/2009_Sled_Rules.pdf

I think they are damn good.

For some reason they say the hooking point has to be at the rear most part of the truck (good) in the 2.6-2.8 classes, but in the unlimited class it says 44 inches. I'd simplify and just make it rear most part of truck like the other classes.

I'm all in for these rules.

-jp

How many diesels show up to pull each event roughly would you say?seems to be around 10-15 trucks and to get all fired up on rules is alittle crazy!!!! I think that NADM rule would be great if there where more trucks attending these events. What would awesome is to try and get all these people off the streets that are blowing smoke and getting crazy and get them on the dirt and on the drag strip and have bigger events theres enough trucks out there to do this but how can we make it happen is the question?

How many diesels show up to pull each event roughly would you say?seems to be around 10-15 trucks and to get all fired up on rules is alittle crazy!!!! I think that NADM rule would be great if there where more trucks attending these events. What would awesome is to try and get all these people off the streets that are blowing smoke and getting crazy and get them on the dirt and on the drag strip and have bigger events theres enough trucks out there to do this but how can we make it happen is the question?

At hilmar there were approximately 20 trucks, maybe a few more...

There are lots of guys that would come pull if they knew about it. Not everybody is on the net.

Something as simple as a flyer in each auto parts store would probably get the word out.

Pulling is catching on at ceres. Every event has more trucks than the last-- I think the CSS crew is doing a hell of a job to keep costs down and give us a good venue to pull at. Yeah, the track is sandy, but at least we won't break parts every time out.

[QUOTE=
Something as simple as a flyer in each auto parts store would probably get the word out. thats a start. I'm sure that everyone on this page has a hand full of friends that have some sweat trucks or there friends have diesels thats make good power or even stock and let them know what were doing and how fun it is.

:nos:The

The sport is getting bigger by the month, Lil ol' ceres had 6 stock 14 mod and 5 or 6 extreme and hilmar had close if not more then 30 diesel hooks i was second to last and i was # 22 in my class. Being that said I am all for organized rules so if and when the sport gets bigger here In the west there will not be a cluster of gasser guys (hard workers) trying to figure out what to do with placement with us. Maybe us diesel guys need to have a little meeting ourselfs an hour before the event starts and talk about what needs to happen and start getting us rookies prepared for the rules:Cheer:

Last edited:
I think a great reason for standardized rules is so that guys can come and pull with their street trucks. just like I was saying earlier,if rules at one venue bump an otherwise stock truck into a street mod class, and it's a first time puller, they probably wont show again because theywere so far behind. When the classes come down to inches and a few feet thats when people start looking at what they can do to improve in their class to do better the next time out amd shortly after that a stocl guy is throwing a 2.6 charger on his truck, bigger injectors and he becomes completely consumed with pulling farther.

but hilmar ffa really advertised that event with signs all over the place around here and on all the busy roads and that is why they got so many local guys to pull, then a few were telling me how much they enjoyed themselves and we got some to attend ceres the following week

and I am willing to bet a few of those guys are all ready planning and saving for a 2.6 charger and bigger sticks because they are reading NADM rules.

Back