Official CompD Hot Rod Drag week thread

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Ok here is the schedule for the upcoming Hot Rods Drag Week III. This year five diesel trucks are entered in the event. Come out to the track and show the gas world and mainstream media what it’s all about, and cheer on you fellow diesel racers. . Last year quite a few showed up.

DRAG WEEK III ROAD TOUR
DATE LOCATION
September 9 MSD Kickoff Party, Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, IL

September 10 Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, IL

September 11 Great Lakes Dragway, Union Grove, WI

September 12 Wisconsin International Raceway, Kaukauna, WI

September 13 Cedar Falls Raceway, Cedar Falls, IA

September 14 Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, IL

Sunday night the 9th at Cordova will be a Diesel Kick off get together.
The qualifying will happen from 9 am until 1.00 pm at each track, and then it’s on to the next track. If any one has any idea’s this is the forum to let us hear about it.

The people entered will follow on this thread to give their stats and results

Well let me be the first to say i can't wait to go racing, and on a sad note at the track this weekend my tranny took a turn for the worse but it is at the tranny guys shop as we speak getting fixed.

Diesel kick off party? i thought it was for everyone, unless Greg you want to have your own

The Fat Kid
Andy

P.S. I'm one of the trucks if no body knew.

Good luck guys! I really wanted to do this, but its a bad time for me right now. I'm just getting out of the military and I'm trying to sell my house and move to my next job in California. I was debating going anyway, and then I blew the tranny at Diesels in the Desert.

Have a great time!

My trans is toast too. Can I run a few passes with you guys in Union Grove? There is no way for me to be ready to run by Sunday.

Truck is back up and running great! The guys at Goerends took care of me right away:thankyou2:

The Fat Kid
Andy

Man, why y'all gotta do that stuff way up there?!? :D

Looks like I'm gonna have to make a trip to WIR next Wednesday after work.

Anyone that lives close by needs to go meet up with Greg, Andy and the merry band of Diesel Hooligans at the track if they can. I wish I could get away from the office and hang out with you guys!

ON THE ROAD IN 1 HOUR , doing last min packing . meeting up with Brian Carter some where north of OK city

September 11 Great Lakes Dragway, Union Grove, WI

My old nextdoor neighbor owns GLD! Its an hour from me. Ill have to make my way up there.

I'm not far from GLD. I should be there. It is raining here today.

Our shop is about an hour from Cedar Falls Raceway, so we'll try to stop by. If you need anything, call.

That's pretty cool that they seem to be welcoming the diesels in like that.

what sucks is that it's all during the week, I'd hit up the Cedar falls, IA day if I didn't start a new job tomorrow. :(