Official CompD Hot Rod Drag week thread

JRich said:
Well apparently Greg made some miscalculations when programming his coefficient of linear expansion module, and some good ole "southern engineering" was needed to make it do what it do. :shake:

I remember sound advice cautioning the idea of installting an alumiunm rear axle that would increase loss of tracktion due to that truck's configuration.
And now, we're trying to put the weight back over the rear ? Next thing you'll be telling me is a lock-up switch was used to achieve the all time best ET…. "CUZ YA- ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT YUR DOING" :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Fletcher said:
I remember sound advice cautioning the idea of installting an alumiunm rear axle that would increase loss of tracktion due to that truck's configuration.
And now, we're trying to put the weight back over the rear ? Next thing you'll be telling me is a lock-up switch was used to achieve the all time best ET…. "CUZ YA- ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT YUR DOING" :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Hmmmmmmm I can recall some of this same sound advice being passed forth....

one other thing too Bill-
Don't forget to properly preload the rear using Calvert Racing Products Caltrac Bars......

Loosey goosey is not the proper method...... otherwise they are just on there for looks, and not hook.....

"CUZ YA- ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT YUR DOING":hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Fletcher said:

That truck doesn't have aluminum axles. Oh well, some people are always gonna talk **** I guess. Even w/ adding the weight for a quick fix, its still 270+ lbs lighter than the stock rearend. The Comp haters are thick around here, but I guess that could be classified as jealousy as well.

Last edited:
JRich said:
That truck doesn't have aluminum axles. Doesn't have aluminum anything in the rear, except perhaps the brakes from Aeromotive. Oh well, some people are always gonna talk **** I guess. Even w/ adding the weight for a quick fix, its still 270+ lbs lighter than the stock rearend. The Comp haters are thick around here, but I guess that could be classified as jealousy as well.
Perhaps if you were on the other end of the conversations that passed- you would know that advice WAS in fact given and it was replied back with "CUZ YA- ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT YUR DOING " ................$.02

And looky what happened...... Some tractor pulling technology helped Greg yield his best 60' time...... :kick:

Greg ran an 11.59 today. I'll try to post up some pics later.

n8ick said:
Greg ran an 11.59 today. I'll try to post up some pics later.
WHAT !!!

MR. "CUZ YA- ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT YUR DOING" only ran a 11.59????

I was last told that because of the, ZZ manifold, raymac porting and caltracs, and ALL the NX bells and whistels, Special "charlie stewart" rear, ECT. ECT............." This truck has a low 10 second pass in it"..........."CUZ YA- ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT YUR DOING" LOL LOL :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Do any of you have lifes outside this site? Mostly talking smack...........man, pretty pathetic. I'm done w/ this f'ing place. Ya'll have fun playing w/ your puds. Go get a truck and show us all how its done Don Garlits, some of ya'll should stick to the dirt, since u don't know d*ck about drag racing.

Simmer down homes... Tis just the internet LOL And you know Greg told eveyone that would pick up the phone that that truck had low 10's in it.

Attachments

• forum_suicide-1.jpg
    forum_suicide-1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 44
Timbeaux38 said:
LOL And you know Greg told eveyone that would pick up the phone that that truck had low 10's in it.
And it would have low 10's in it if it was handled by someone who knows anything about bracket racing a street diesel truck......... :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Here let me rephrase it for ya

"CUZ YA- ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT YUR DOING" :rockwoot: :hehe: :hehe: :kick:

RacinDuallie said:
And it would have low 10's in it if it was handled by someone who knows anything about bracket racing a street diesel truck......... :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Here let me rephrase it for ya

"CUZ YA- ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT YUR DOING" :rockwoot: :hehe: :hehe: :kick:

Jeff, Some have tried to help, but never got any credit for it.

Takeing ALL the glory for the several folks involved, will only hurt you in the long run!

Comp 461,
Your sig should have a long list of those involved with the Building, Tuneing, and the Fabrication of Project X ......... This should include those who gave Free parts or helped fund the truck from Day 1 !!!

I say ditch Big BANKS POWER Advertisement....

Like him or hate him, weather the truck runs good or bad, he is racing at 5 tracks in 5 days. No support vehicle, driving the race vehicle to the track. I can say there is only 2 other CompD members doing this. Those guys are on their way to Iowa for more racing right now, not sitting on their computer highlighting what people are doing wrong.

Comp461, cnsmoke, and turbo tweaker get my support for competing in Drag Week.

DSCN0913.JPG

DSCN0920.JPG

DSCN0921.JPG

How come the only pictures are of project X. I want to hear how the fat kid is doing.

2001shrtbedcmns said:
How come the only pictures are of project X. I want to hear how the fat kid is doing.

The other guys were done running before I got there and started snapping pictures. Greg gets all the press because he gets out of bed late.

n8ick said:

Congrats to all the participants!!:rockwoot:

But I have one question??...................................

How does a "Professional"..."Drag Racing Expert"..."I do everthing better than everyone else" racer line up this crooked at the line???:what: :doh: :hehe:

Unkee Gale isn't going to like all that smoke! That's "power going right out the tailpipe!"

banshee said:
Unkee Gale isn't going to like all that smoke! That's "power going right out the tailpipe!"

:hehe: I knew someone was going to say it... I think Greg should have used DP as his truck monkey, might have gotten into the 10's..

n8ick said:
Like him or hate him, weather the truck runs good or bad, he is racing at 5 tracks in 5 days. No support vehicle, driving the race vehicle to the track. I can say there is only 2 other CompD members doing this. Those guys are on their way to Iowa for more racing right now, not sitting on their computer highlighting what people are doing wrong.

Not to take anything away from those fine folks, but what about all the CompD members that roasted their nuts off in Commerce last weekend at a *diesel* event?