Official CompD Hot Rod Drag week thread

THATpreston said:
Not to take anything away from those fine folks, but what about all the CompD members that roasted their nuts off in Commerce last weekend at a *diesel* event?

Ummm.....I guess they have roasted nuts :hehe:

n8ick said:
Like him or hate him, weather the truck runs good or bad, he is racing at 5 tracks in 5 days. No support vehicle, driving the race vehicle to the track. I can say there is only 2 other CompD members doing this. Those guys are on their way to Iowa for more racing right now, not sitting on their computer highlighting what people are doing wrong.

Comp461, cnsmoke, and turbo tweaker get my support for competing in Drag Week.

Thanks for the shout out for the 2 guys who paid their money and are still sitting at home due to parts not showing up in time. whee... this is fun...

BUMP for wednesday's stuff!

I put extra diesel video in there just for you guys :)

Kyle

banshee said:
Unkee Gale isn't going to like all that smoke! That's "power going right out the tailpipe!"
I sure hope he doesnt get tossed of the track for all that smoke!! I almost got tossed out of Kennedale for that but Greg & his buddies went & talked to somebody important & saved the day for me. "CUZ I DIDNT KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING" LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL . By the way Greg? Where is the Banks truck? I would Like to call you & that truck out!! For that matter I would like to call you & any diesel powered vehicle you can come up with out. I dare to say that you will never drive that truck! I`m not saying our slow car could beat it, I would just like a shot at it. See Ya Houston, Come show me how it`s done!! "CUZ I DONT KNOW WHAT I`M DOING" :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :eek:wned:

joefarmer said:
Thanks for the shout out for the 2 guys who paid their money and are still sitting at home due to parts not showing up in time. whee... this is fun...

I was just shouting out to the people I saw there. That sucks that you paid and didn't get to run. It looks like fun. I want to give it a shot in the next year or two.

THATpreston said:
Not to take anything away from those fine folks, but what about all the CompD members that roasted their nuts off in Commerce last weekend at a *diesel* event?

Then we can give them props in a thread about the commerce race. I was just surprised at how much bashing is going on while the guys are out racing.

n8ick said:
Then we can give them props in a thread about the commerce race. I was just surprised at how much bashing is going on while the guys are out racing.

I think you are confusing bashing and ball busting. I have been at the track with Greg several times when he has raced and you would be amazed st the number of ball busters that stand behind him in the lanes while he runs to show support. This is frienfdly ribbing that goes on all the time. Pretty much all of the folks that have been poking at Greg talk to him often and he knows that we are just busting his balls.

Just got off the phone with Brian "poodot":shake: , getting all the days scoop. Sounds like a non stop one week party of changing parts, and helping your new and old friends with there ride. I havent met the fatkid/turbotweeker yet but Brian had nothing but good things to say about him. I hate to let him know but im jellious as hell that im not there, oh well there always next year. Good luck Guys and remember Brian that I wear a x-large :hehe:

P.S Brain...dont let Sam Patton get ya down....LOL

Well I talked to Andy (Turbo Tweaker) so far everyday, since he is my business partner in sales. Anyway yesterday he drop an injector, changed them on the side of the road in 36min. I got a new set overnighted to him, but was not got to be in time for his next run, so I we had Chris Snyder from our other shop in Iowa run a set down.
Today Andy ran a 12.7 pass, down from his steady 12.11-12.3's. He is hanging in there and should be back in the lower 12's tomorrow morning.
Hang in there Andy, we are all smiling back home with your no nitrous VP powered truck................later guys.

Brian is doing great also, Andy has said but kind words about him, I can not say that for Comp461.............lol, hey Fletch you will have to call me some time..........funny how a 22yr old kid seems to know so much as compared to another...........you guys crack me up.......slaping the Calverts, Lock-up switches, and the piston hitting the injector without touching the head.......I would like to really hear how that one works...:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

MMMMM Spicy Jam on whole wheat toast... Yummy lol

Sounds like you have been getting the scoop as well... Kinda like a diesel powered soap opera if ya ask me. Everything from people running off and leaving someone that is broke, to taking credit for someone elses work, Man that sounds like fun though! :hehe: :kick: G luck guys, cant wait for the results tomorrow.....keep us updated

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, Diesel Power mag is along for the ride and I can give you some "official" updates on this "official" thread. Brian has had a trans meant for a 500hp truck hold tough all week but finally lost OD, ran 13.3 running out of gear at half track. Andy lost his injectors and installed a "mystery" set, pulled off a 12.7@105 down .5 and 5mph from his "floodgate" injectors. Project X is getting sorted out and ran another mid 11, the 11.50 was with a 1.87 60 ft time so with slicks (which should be on by tomorrow) the thing should move! Brian should also get a new tranny in, and andy some injectors, so everybody should be going for broke. This stuff was waaay harder than I expected, and almost every night it seems like something goes wrong or some freak accident happens. Houge is doing a good job of Driving X, and the good news is all three diesels should make the final bracket race tomorrow! Thanks a bunch for going through all the hardship greg, brian and gary, and thanks a BUNCH to Jessie and his dyno shop for all his help with the shop, as well as riding along in X. You guys really need to do this, I can't imagine how fun this would be with like 10 diesels!

Jason Sands
Associate Editor
Diesel Power Magazine
www.dieselpowermag.com

The latest from comp,

" It'll go 10.90 no problem, We just aint leanin on it" :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Thats great comp, now go lean on it....LOL

Andy told me that Diesel Power was leading the group, I think that is great, just watch them stop lights..........lol.
Just waiting for news today from Andy, hoping the injectors I had sent in are waiting for him.........and you said it right, mystery injectors is exactly what they were. I have the same set he runs in my truck and was ready to pull them and send them off.......but I hope all goes well.
Gotta go and do some work for a bit, I will try to update as soon as I hear anything, later Jim.

toolmanoffroad said:
MMMMM Spicy Jam on whole wheat toast... Yummy lol

Sounds like you have been getting the scoop as well... Kinda like a diesel powered soap opera if ya ask me. Everything from people running off and leaving someone that is broke, to taking credit for someone elses work, Man that sounds like fun though! :hehe: :kick: G luck guys, cant wait for the results tomorrow.....keep us updated
Yes since Andy is an employee of mine, I have been getting all the scoop....hope Brian got the tranny back in last night I knew they were going to be cracking away at it right away. Last thing Andy told me was he had to run in the AM, so I hope he gets his truck back to where it should be.
Good Luck Guys..........let em rip...........:rockwoot:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the boys need to give Jessie a blowie for all the help he have gave. Pretty cool to lend out his shop and help gather up parts to get the trucks back on the road. :bow: Well I can wait to here how it goes today, its gonna be a balls out run whata brung race. I just hope with all the parts changing, that the injectors and tranny are atleast as good as what they were before if not better. Oh well back to work, gotta get ready for the 13 and 14th so Poodot dosnt have all the fun....:kick: good luck guys