Oil Filter Relocation L

I bought the Destroked kit to move the filter...and would STRONGLY caution anyone looking into the package to be aware that it is very poorly engineered at best. The plate that bolts onto the side of the engine LOOKS awesome, but turn it over and compare the layout of the oil passages to the stock piece. They do not match, so the silicone coated metal gaskets that seal the oil cooler and block passages to this plate have no silicone where the new plate needs it! I bought it and installed it, no real investigation, you can't put it on backwards, etc. so on it goes, and a couple months later the problems began. Like you guys, I wanted it to make more room for my twins plumbing, and I put it on before fabbing my kit, so I wasn't really sure if it was needed or not. Well, a few months after I put it on, I started having weird oil pressure issues, start the truck up cold, pressure comes up like normal, then in, say, 20 or 30 seconds, the pressure would drop to zero. I have a heart attack, shut the truck off, check oil level, look for leaks, nothing, so I start it back up, pressure is back....let it warm up, everything's fine. This happened several times, so I hooked up a mechanical gauge to confirm what the gauge says, and sure enough, pressure loss. I was very busy building a new building for my business at the time, so if it was really cold or I couldn't wait for it to get warm, I wouldn't drive it. Eventually, I noticed oil in the coolant overflow bottle, and suspected a head gasket at first, but kinda suspected that plate from Destroked might be leaking and also knew that the pressure relief spring was located there also. So on a sunday morning I took it off, realized the gaskets didn't line up with the passages in the plate, and guess what, the bore for the pressure relief plunger is worn all funny, and I can see where it has a step in the bore that could cause it to stick. Back on with the factory pieces, cleaned the oil out of the cooling system with several good flushes and lots of Dawn, and all problems are solved. I never really needed the extra space provided by the kit, and I have a 6 inch inlet to my bottom turbo! Yes, it's tough to get the filter out of there, but a filter cup that fits well and a long extention for your ratchet are good investments and far easier than the crap this part has put me through....oh, and the o-ring AN ports in their parts are not machined with the correct radius to hold an o-ring properly, they are a 45 degree cut, and i had small leaks at all the fittings the whole time, and I sprung for nice Earls fittings and hoses, just another aggravation.
I would steer clear of this part if I were you guys, it's just not worth the trouble.

Is it possible you recieved the wrong year cooler. Even simple as the wrong gasket. The bypass hanging up is a big one though good thing you caught it. I keep a mech gauge installed right on top of the filter housing to verify periodically to my findings my electric transducer is almost 8 lbs off showing my hot oil pressure at 10 psi and 70 cold. Certified Mech gauge read 18 hot 63 cold.

I used the Amsoil dual bypass and its on the rail under the passenger floor board,easy filter changes,no problems.

Freezingsystems, destroked didn't have the gaskets needed at the time, and advised me that they simply use OE cummins for the application, so I got them from Jeff at Mumau. The holes for the oil flow line up, as I ran their plate for several thousand miles, but the rubber/silicone on the steel gasket do not follow the same pattern, and therefore cross leak.

Tate, I don't have any pic's of my setup in my home computer, but could post some, maybe tomorrow. Yes, still running both batteries, but with one under the passenger door on the frame. It gets WAY too cold here in upstate New York for only one....

Is any that is using the pacbrake kit noticing any delay in oil pressure on start up? I am using the pacbrake oil filter relocation kit on my 07, and evrytime you start it up you just cringe waiting for the oil pressure to come up. Most of the time it seems like it takes about 5-10 seconds before the gauge in the dash reads 40lbs.

I have the Cummins oil relocation kit and it works great... The only thing I did diffrent is I bought just the parts I needed like the filter head and the oil cooler plate. I built my own lines, way cheaper that way

I have the Cummins oil relocation kit and it works great... The only thing I did diffrent is I bought just the parts I needed like the filter head and the oil cooler plate. I built my own lines, way cheaper that way

Is there a part# somewhere or how/where do i look at this? Did you run an auxilary cooler somewhere else?

Thats the oil cooler plate and the filter head, no sweat if u need any more info just let me know. The presser regulator is the same as the one u have in ur filter head and for twins just put a T in the turbo supply line.

If anyone finds a link please post it up, i cant find anywhere on cummins that number comes up.

I would like the 12v part number also please. And any suggestions on where to buy it from.

ive google searched and cant find it anywhere, bump if anyone has more info on the cummins oil filter housing block off/relocation kit.

3284170 is the closest I could find for 12 valve, I think its just the oil cooler cover without anything else. What does the "kit" come with?