Ok so the "How many under 4499lbs" got me thinking

MikeD

How many of you guys are still running your stock frame rails under the driver and passenger seats of you vehicles?

Ok I guess I need to explain a little more, or should I say ask a better question.

How many of you guys that are 4500lbs and under, would like the chance to run Heads up 1/8th mile and for at the very least a $1,000 purse?

The only rules would be:

- Stock Frame rails under the drivers compartment
- must run on diesel

Dr. Performance is looking at putting a new class in our "Diesel Play Day" called Pro Extreme Street,this is an idea that has been thrown around the shop for a while. We are wanting to create a race where "the guy that just doesn't fit" can come to a few times a year and not have to worry about what class he fits in.

In short.......... You guys want a place to race and we want to give it to Ya'll

:rockwoot:

Last edited:
Wow just noticed the thread, great idea. Stock frame rails here from front to back, Im in.... whats the date and where? We tried yalls race last year and it was cancelled due to weather, glad to see yall putting something else on, I know that if the Dr. Performance guys put on a race it will be a good one, and seeing that it's a 1/8 mile race....... yall had better bring your A game.:hehe: Kiddin' guys it should be lots of fun. When and where? Ryan

Wow just noticed the thread, great idea. Stock frame rails here from front to back, Im in.... whats the date and where? We tried yalls race last year and it was cancelled due to weather, glad to see yall putting something else on, I know that if the Dr. Performance guys put on a race it will be a good one, and seeing that it's a 1/8 mile race....... yall had better bring your A game.:hehe: Kiddin' guys it should be lots of fun. When and where? Ryan

Oh I forgot to add a rule

- Stock600 can only race if he has a hood.....:kick::hehe:

I'm not gonna throw the "hood" stone. LOL

Garmon1.jpg

Can you spray N2O also?

Yes, Nitrous, Propane, Water/Meth, heck even a combination of all 3 if you are feeling froggy.

In all seriousness we will not be limiting power adder/s, tire size, suspension, tranny type in this class.

Last edited:
Can you spray N2O also?

Good question. Being it's called Pro Extreme im quessing so?? What do you say Mike? For us single turbo guys its just our second charger, theres never a no twins rule right?
Ryan

I doubt I'll have funds to make a Texas race this year, but I think it would be fun! The less rules, the better!

Oh yeah, thanks to a dedicated crew that doesn't sleep nights, I have one of them 'hood' thingies AND I'M MEAN ENOUGH TO RUB IT IN!! LOL
hsg8.jpg

Now thats a hood, for sure. Have you had any track time yet Brandon? I hope you took my comment the right way about those rear tires, you never commented back, It would be super cool if you could make it work but I dont see it ever happening through the road Ive be down. I was just saying to be careful tuning it in, look for tire spin at ever gear change. Im running crazy pinion angles all the trick suspension set ups and a big tire and still have issues once in a while, nature of the beast I suppose. Again great looking truck.
Ryan

I doubt I'll have funds to make a Texas race this year, but I think it would be fun! The less rules, the better!

hsg8.jpg

Well this is just a feeler to see who all would be interested. If we get enough interests this might be a once or maybe twice a year thing.

..... oh and YES I did quote the picture for the reasons yall are thinking, hood ornaments like that should be admired in more than one post.....:evil

Now thats a hood, for sure. Have you had any track time yet Brandon? I hope you took my comment the right way about those rear tires, you never commented back, It would be super cool if you could make it work but I dont see it ever happening through the road Ive be down. I was just saying to be careful tuning it in, look for tire spin at ever gear change. Im running crazy pinion angles all the trick suspension set ups and a big tire and still have issues once in a while, nature of the beast I suppose. Again great looking truck.
Ryan
I saw the post and wasn't sure what to say. It won't be up to speed for awhile, I'm getting some seat time in it right now to get a feel for how it handles. The only time it's lost traction unintentionally is down shifting with the manual VB. It stays straight and planted on all shifts at full power, even on surface streets.

I'm getting a new converter again the first of next week, my combination didn't work for the second try either. It's gonna be a long trial & error.

I saw the post and wasn't sure what to say. It won't be up to speed for awhile, I'm getting some seat time in it right now to get a feel for how it handles. The only time it's lost traction unintentionally is down shifting with the manual VB. It stays straight and planted on all shifts at full power, even on surface streets.

I'm getting a new converter again the first of next week, my combination didn't work for the second try either. It's gonna be a long trial & error.

When your acually not running through them its a diff. world. My first dozen convertors were a flop so dont feel bad, you'll fiqure out what your combo wants in time.

I need to go on about a 700+ lb diet!
Still not sure if I could compete with you guys. Would be fun though.