oops... think i did something stupid...

I'm going to be the ECM is fried. That sensor and computer are supposed to see 5v, not 12v.

and then once he gets it running i gotta get him to figure out the hard start problem... lol... never ending... hes gonna have it forever...

AND my AC will still be broke... lol

You fired the PCM on the rider side fire wall, the PCM module is interchangeable form vehicle to vehicle equip with same setup (AT.MT,AC,ETC).you can unplug the C1,C2,C3 connectors and plug them into host PCM.You can also purchase this Module online at Carpart.com just do a search. The pump on the side is for the cruise control servo on 03 models.NO it should not run all the time.ONLY when cruise is engaged.

i dropped it off with jeff and he says the ECM on the block is fried.... all the wire diagrams show that the 3 wires all go to the ECM... so not sure how you say the PCM is involved? and my cruise hasnt worked in awhile... it used to slow down like 5 mph before it would catch and come back up... but now it just doesnt work at all... but the pump has been running as long as i can remember?? must be a vaccum leak or something causing it to run all the time??

I had to deal with the same issue last fall customer did exactly what you did ,We took our Spare PCM and it work,the PCM controls the ignition and We Think...this was what fried.Jeff May be Right You still could have fried the ECM circuit.

hhmm well if this ECM doesnt work then thatll be the next thing to try i guess... i dunno how the PCM would get hurt though? the ignition wire would have to run through the pcm and then through the ecm also for this to happen... but anything possible... lol

3gen electronic don't conform to logic.(or popular logic)

i dunno... i hope it works cause im tired of throwing money at it... once its running again hes gotta troubleshoot my hard start issues that pretty much everything that it could be has been replaced... still there... sucks...

ECM runs the engine...PCM runs all other power train components, just like on a 2nd gen dodge.

yep... ECM didnt fix it... took the flash fine but still wont start... then the dealer has the smarts to call me and tell me i need a lift pump... i was pissed... i dont even have a lift pump i told them... AND i shorted it out with wires why it was running and it died... AND if you hit it with starting fluid it STILL wont run, AND my gauge on the dash says 9psi... made him fill real stupid... Jeff needs to get the dang computer that dodge has cause our dealers around are are stupid....

Do you want Me to send ours? to Jeff for Testing Purpose,just need to pay shipping and the promise to return it.(PCM)

i may do that... jeff may have a PCM also i dont know... he had a spare ECM but was for a 05... i will call Cronic (stealership) tomorrow morning and see if they found anything... and jeff... if cronic hasnt figured it out yet and jeff doesnt have one already i may have to take you up on that one... i told cronic about that you had said about the PCM and of couse they priced one for me... told him he wasted his time... lol... i guess its possible if the voltage surge went through the ECM and burnt up the PCM's ignition crap... no the PCM isnt sending the ECM power or something... i dunno... but i will let you know something as soon as i know boss...

You fried the JTEC (Jeep Truck Engine Controller) which in an 03 controls everything about how the truck interfaces the engine, but not how the engine controls itself. You screwed the Jtec (PCM) which is the link between your ignition key switch and the ENGINE control module. The ECM on the 03 engine does not control any other functions, not the AC, not the cruise, not the transmission.

This is how I understand the fundamentals of today's vehicle electronic controls.
1) If ya feed it power or ground without first reading and understanding a wiring diagram, it's gonna poop no ifs ands or buts...refer to Murphy's law
2) If ya can't read or understand a wiring diagram ya better get someone to help ya who can
3) If ya don't have a wiring diagram make the connections to obtain one before proceeding
4) 12v is not synonymous to 5v
5) 12v and 5v are not the number of valves in the cylinder head
6) Some wires care signal, signals can be positive or negative
7) If the wrong polarity is fed to a signal circuit the circuit will instantly die
8) Ground may or may not be what yer standing on
9) Wires connect circuits nothing more nothing less
10) Circuits are fragile and are easily damaged
11) Circuits are located inside a computer/modules ,IE ecm pcm bcm and abs modules where you can't fix them easily once damaged
12) Modules may or may not control more than one component
13) Modules most times have their own individual power source thus eliminating the possibility of a power surge from one ruining the other, unless the vehicle gets struck by lightening
14) Check each individual fuse before assuming anything more or less is wrong with a system
15) To check function of a today's computer modules requires more than a box of jumper wires unless the box of jumper wires come with a large bank account
16) Swapping computer modules to check for proper operation can get rather costly due to the fact that most need programed to the individual vehicle
17) Electronic failure symptoms can not be diagnosed without having first hand visualization of what's happening or not happening or without prior experience of a 100% identical failure

Feel free to add your own experiences or understandings of vehicle electrical systems if you so wish. I do not have any certification or degree in electronics and neither do I claim to know it all. My '04 dodge pulling truck is an electronically dysfunctional nightmare. LOL

Feel free to add your own experiences or understandings of vehicle electrical systems if you so wish. I do not have any certification or degree in electronics and neither do I claim to know it all. My '04 dodge pulling truck is an electronically dysfunctional nightmare. LOL

Nice.:Cheer:

I know 12 volts will make pretty sparks. Sparks can be good or bad.

I did this or that:badidea:.... then it started to Smoke... My reply ..Put the smoke back in, and then it will work fine:poke: