Optix EGT Problem

Texas Cowboy

Proudly Serving
I have 2 Optix pyro's and when I call out or answer a call on my Nextel, the EGT pegs out. After the call is done they will not go back to normal. I have to shut the truck off and let them reset. Scared the hell out of me the first time. Why do I have this problem?

Wow, I will try to answer for Jenn, she doesn't come on here often. The only reason I could figure out would be that they are stepper motors, and are electronic. Does it do it with any other Phone? I'd be a little leary holding it against my head if its putting out enough magnetic waves to mess with your gauges. LOL Does it do it with any other phone? I see your in Austin, where at?

Does the same thing with my wifes AT&T phone as well.

Live off Parmer and Metric. Ranch is out in Lampasas. Not in Austin currently. Deployed to Iraq. Missing all the diesel events is killing me!! Just got the truck done 2 months before I deployed.

The more I read about dipricol gauges the more scarred I get:doh:...I wanted some but now I'm not to sure

Its funny, because this is the first bad stuff I have heard about them. I have had them for 5 years, and not had a problem with them in my truck. Have you tried to call them and ask for a fixed set?

Only problem Ive had is my pyro would take fits to reading 400* over the actual temp. Turn the key off and back on it was fine. Picked up RFI from something.

the pyro and rail pressure gauges have been known to have issues for a long time. they offer fixes but none of them truely fix the problem.

pyro goes up and down all the time from almost any radio wave source. phones, cbs, cars passing, vibrator, whatever...

rail pressure gauges are known for being off and unreliable. they said it first it was a lead issue. later they claimed it was dual pump issue. bottom line is that alot of them don't work as advertised. they need to do some major redesign in my opinion. do a search for dipricals on these sites and see how many people ask about the same questions over and over again.

the fuel pressure gauge is wacked. keep them long enough... they'll start "tinking" from internals going bad.

i've been threw a few of these gauges trying to fix them. i've chalked it up to bad product / QA.

scott

Camo do you have anything nice to say about anyone or do you just run your mouth about any and everything ?

It's getting old.

To all who are bashing Pricol, whatever!!! I've had Isspro and they were ok. I love the look of my Optix gauges and how they work! They work great and I have not problem with them. They just dont like my cell phone. As stated by roachie, turn key off-on and they are fine again.

roachie you might be right. My Nextel has 2-way and satellite capabilities. This could cause bleed over from transmitting. Wonder if there is a set bandwidth that effects the gauge. Started this thread to see if other had the same problem while using Nextel phone. My wifes AT&T does it rarely (should heave stated the to begin with).

Camo do you have anything nice to say about anyone or do you just run your mouth about any and everything ?

It's getting old.

It's like this...
this guy asked for advice on this product. I have direct experience with multiple gauges with this product. I gave an honest warning and evaluation with this product. Not to mention, I backed it up with multiple topics about the issue from more than one site. :rockwoot:

So what's your problem?!?
Back off, sit down, and get over yourself! :kick:

It might help, and this just may be my issue, but if you want to bash a company with which I have had very good luck with, and will continue to use, try and spell their name correctly.

Wouldn't it be bashing if what I stated wasn't true?
Did I call anyone names? Was I condesending? I don't think so. If folks don't want to hear the truth, why ask? :bang

perhaps if I learn how to spell their name, my gauges will magicly begin to work correctly... :hehe:

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be bashing if what I stated wasn't true?
Did I call anyone names? Was I condesending? I don't think so. If folks don't want to hear the truth, why ask? :bang
Yeah you were condescending. To DiPricol and Rich.

I have DiPricol )since my 2 sets of Isspros crapped out in less than 3 months each) and have never had an interference issue with my AT&T Blackberry.

I have a buddy with a Nextel that rides with me some, and never noticed it with him in the truck either.

I stuck an iron ferrite ring in the lead and ground on mine and it fixed the hunting issue for me as I was getting bleed from my 1K CB. No issues since.

Fine. "If" it appeared to be condesending, then my appologies. Not sure what I could have said differently to convince you otherwise.

Good luck with the gauges all of you run. I'm sure the topic will be presented again at a theater near you, and I'll have no part of it... :)