Optix EGT Problem

Yup. Same problems here. AT&T phone and CB will make the pyro go crazy.

This is my 3rd gauge from Jennifer.

No fix yet.

At times, it will be over 300° off! Not fun when you are towing, and have to do an in-flight reboot just so your gauges work...

Only other issue I have with them are the gay "halo" that they put around the needle. This spotlight is quite the distraction when it travels up the drivers window, onto the head liner, and onto the passenger window every time you make boost.

Thanks to those who gave the info I needed. Not going to send back the gauges. They work fine when the phone is off or nobody calls. I'll deal with it.

Interesting......
I'm on my 3rd DiPricol Optix egt. The first two did the egt spike and would not get below 600*. Shut the truck off and it would reset itself. At some point during this I switched from AT&T to Verizon and my work phones went from Nextel to Verizon. For the most part, the gauge spikes have ceased.
Since the 3rd gauge went in 18 months ago it's happened 6-7 times. Everytime it has been when the ambient air temps hit 80* +. It never has happened during the fall/winter/spring.
Odd!

I just deal with it now since Dipricol thinks there's no problem and there customer service blows.

Well I did suggest a few posts back that you do as I did and put a iron ferrite ring on the wires as close to the gauge as you can get. You can by these as radio shack and it will help keep the noise/emi for messing with your gauge. These are used on electronics all the time for this purpose.

My pyro bounces around all the time too, is everyone thinking the electronics are causeing this or are there other things that may be causing it?

My pyro bounces around all the time too, is everyone thinking the electronics are causeing this or are there other things that may be causing it?

My guess? Crappy RF shielding inside the gauge...

I have had Autometer and Isspro stepper motor gauges... Never had an issue with them...

Wonder it the type of mode the phone runs off of migth have something to do with it. Also found out that my Nextel (Motorola) phone puts out 3 watts!! Lot for a cell phone.

HAd them for 3 years no problems, and I loved them.
I will buy them again!:kick:

Check to make sure you have good grounds on your egt gauges. I had a similar issue with my brother's 07 did some research and found others. Fixed the poor ground the we thought was sufficient and have had no issues since.

Check to make sure you have good grounds on your egt gauges. I had a similar issue with my brother's 07 did some research and found others. Fixed the poor ground the we thought was sufficient and have had no issues since.

I did that with mine. Tried a ground under the dash, out to the bolt on the fender where the ECM grounds, and to the battery. No change.

I also went to another power source. No change.

My guess? Crappy RF shielding inside the gauge...

I have had Autometer and Isspro stepper motor gauges... Never had an issue with them...

My Autometer done the same thing my Optix does. Im thinking it has more to do with the probe wire routing than the actual gauge itself.

It sounds like the OP has the right combo of wires in his pillar that act as an antenea for his phone signal.

I was thinking the same thing as Roachie.

That's just one of the things with electronics. They can pick up and give off interference.

I'd try a diferent ground and power (one then the other) and see if that changes anything.

The ferrite ring is a good idea.