Our collection

67A4E4E1-3E4A-42AB-83CF-AE210A8A4082_zps4jvaoi0u.jpg

If it is like the 3408 there is something to do with the 60* vee that throws the balance off, the 3408s have been known to have crank issues from time to time.

Yeah, I would too, not too many still around from the truck app, I think a low rpm water flow issue caused quite a few of them an untimely death in the trucks.

That and the early ones had some rod bearing issues at 450hp. They were way ahead of their time though. When CAT, Cummins, and Detroit were at 350hp with their normal engine lineup, AC was at 450hp.

There's a 72 W900 down your way with a V12 non turbo Deutz in it too....would love to score that one as well.

Chris

Wasn't that truck at the scrap yard at 71 and 35 before the sold everything off? I didn't know it was still around, where exactly is it at?

Wasn't that truck at the scrap yard at 71 and 35 before the sold everything off? I didn't know it was still around, where exactly is it at?

Bumpus had it, and a cabover white with an allis engine in it, and the simple bastage sold one and junked the other without calling me. We gave him crap for that for a couple years.

Danny Evans, guy who does a lot of freeway mowing, has the Deutz KW...told him to call before he sells it.
Chris

Just discovered it, and this thread is awesome!

Couple questions, and forgive me if they'v been answered but I haven't viewed everything just yet.

How many pieces do you all own? And why? Just to collect? invest and sell at some point? or does each have a special reason to hav bought/kept over the years?

Very cool thread!

Bumpus had it, and a cabover white with an allis engine in it, and the simple bastage sold one and junked the other without calling me. We gave him crap for that for a couple years.

Danny Evans, guy who does a lot of freeway mowing, has the Deutz KW...told him to call before he sells it.
Chris

That thing would be just flat out cool to see in person, I think the number put in trucks is well under 500.

Sounds like something bumpus would do.

Just discovered it, and this thread is awesome!

Couple questions, and forgive me if they'v been answered but I haven't viewed everything just yet.

How many pieces do you all own? And why? Just to collect? invest and sell at some point? or does each have a special reason to hav bought/kept over the years?

Very cool thread!

We have about 180 pices with engines...tractors, combines, etc. Then there is a large lot of machinery and implements to go along with those. Just something we've always done, Grandpa collected and farmed with them, and so does Dad. My brother and I enjoy it to.

We also have a few that Grandpa sold new, or he bought so long ago we just won't get rid of them. What we try to collect is the more odd or rare tractors that had lower production numbers, or with a goofy set of options or something like that.

That thing would be just flat out cool to see in person, I think the number put in trucks is well under 500.

Sounds like something bumpus would do.

Yeah, we called him a few months after he sold it looking for an old truck to haul antiques with, and he had one of those "oh $hit" moments. No big deal, just one of those deals.

Chris

Thanks Will.

Have a few new pictures to share. The collection has changed a little, we've been rotating some out to make room for new ones.

AC 7030 Open Station doing a little work. Dad seems to like it.

upload_-1.jpg

A better picture of a couple of our farm tractors...AC 8070 Serial # 1 with the cab, and our open Station AC 8070.

upload_-1.jpg

AC 220 FWA. They made 97 of these, and we've been trying to buy one for years. We got lucky on this one. It was sold new by a dealer about 15 miles from here, and that buyer owned it a year before trading it back in...the dealer kept it for their farm, and we talked them into trading it for a newer tractor with real air conditioning last spring. We're the 3rd owner, and have all the original paperwork for it, right down the the original invoice.

upload_-1.jpg

A couple shots of the barn...just so you can't say we just move them around and take new pictures.

upload_-1.jpg

AC D21 Series 1. First 100hp tractor

upload_-1.jpg

MM M670 LPG. Just a nice one.

upload_-1.jpg

Ford 9600 Narrow Front end (Tricycle)

upload_-1.jpg

Our White 2-155 FWA that we farmed with some last fall.

upload_-1.jpg

MF 1150 Wheatland

upload_-1.jpg

AC 5045...They only imported 472 of these. Nothing realy special, but you don't find many of them.

upload_-1.jpg

AC 6040. Same deal, low importation. Was the newer version of the AC 160 tractor.

upload_-1.jpg

Edward P. Allis Flour Mill. Really old, and kinda fits the collection. Just thought it was worth $400.

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

Cockshutt 2150 Wheatland XHD. Has a heavier rear axle than most, they only built a few like that.

upload_-1.jpg

AC 4W-220 Serial # 1. First one they built of 172. We had it restored by the same folks that did our 4W-305, and we farmed with it this spring. You can see we haven't gotten it cleaned up yet. The pair of them look good working together.

upload_-1.jpg

IH 856 GAS Wheatland. Why anyone would want a tractor that big GAS, I have no idea.

upload_-1.jpg

IH 806 Wheatland all dualled up.

upload_-1.jpg

AC 7050 Open Station. Has an aftermarket cab that we will be taking off and putting the fenders back on.

upload_-1.jpg

MM G900 GAS Wheatland. Another big GAS tractor.

upload_-1.jpg

AC 7050 ROPS tractor. Very rare to find them without the cab, even rarer to find them with the 4 post ROPS.

upload_-1.jpg

I'm sure I'll be adding more soon. I know I missed a couple that we already stuck in the barns.

Just thought it would be nice to share a few more for your viewing pleasure.
Chris

And I thought we had a "problem" with the some 14 tractors we've collected and restored, or in the process of restoring. AC was never popular where I grew up. All red or green. Going to some of these antique tractor pulls I see more of these AC's around than I ever did as a kid. AC came out with some really innovative ideas, and were usually well ahead of their time. Thank you for preserving the past.

You have to start a website or gallery or something like an online museum basically. I've drooled my way through this thread so many times.

Glad to see someone else that has a few molines..

Collection looks good Chris. One of these years on my way though I am going to have to stop again and check it out. My parents are on their way out on Wednesday to visit me for a while, I suggested a stop by your place, my Dad wanted to, Mom said not happening, LOL.

Haha, your Dad must be better than mine. He would tell my mom to deal with it.

He can drop her off at the outlet malls for a little while...

Chris

How does one go about getting to see all these? I'm assuming you're the place right beside 70? That 9600 is cool!

We are right off of I-71.

If you want to come by, just give me a call. 800-996-2937 is the store.

Just to make sure I'll be around to show you around.
Chris