Overheated, quit running, won't start 2004..

Morse

Diesel
A friend of mine just bought a 2004 F550 today. The previous owner said his employee was pulling a trailer and it started running warm. He pulled over, let it cool off, and topped off the water in the radiator. He said they got back on the interstate, and it was doing fine for a while, and they failed to keep monitoring it. Anyway, it just shut off while they were driving it. When it did, he noticed it was hot. It never started again. It has 109,000 miles on it. It's a shame, the truck is a black crew cab and looks nice. My buddy is either going to sell it, or go with a 12 valve conversion. Any others that this may have happened to, please share. I read several "quit running" threads, but they didn't mention overheating. It's hard to say if this information is even accurate. The driver when it happened was the previous owners employee.. Who knows.

It just needs to be reset with an IDS tool with a code and it will restart, chances are that there is a triangle or wrench symbol on the dash that is on. scan it first to check codes.