p-pump nut and pump springs ???

fummins97

simple questions, the p-pump nut is m20x1.5 pitch, found one at the hardware store, but someone is telling me that it is a "special" nut and lock washer. So is it or not? Next, the two springs on the pump that are connected to the shut off bracket, are they special too, or can I just grab some from the store also? I just need to know before I spend $50 on what should be about $10 in parts... thanks

The washer is special. Wavy spring washer.. Just pm snedge, they will be 10 bucks..

ha, two responses, two different answers. thanks for responding with something at least, but I'm still unsure

I've used a regular old lock washer in a pinch, but prefer to have the right one.

Chris

do you want the right answer or any answer? I'm sure you could take a chance with a normal washer and you might be fine for a while, but how much fun will it be when you are hours from home and the timing slips and it leaves you stranded? It just boils down to what your time is worth I guess.

If you ain't got time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to re-do it? Pm Snedge and get yourself the springs and nut/washer. I would rather spend the $ and time now and do it right than have to go in and re-do/purchase again.

No need for sarcasticness now, everyone is so amped up on these forums anymore. I'll buy the correct ones, thanks for the advice.

If they are adding buttons on here, then maybe a "stfu" button, a "you have over 1,000 comments, time to get a life you p.o.s." button too, it would be great to change these forums to be more like Facebook. Moving on

How 'bout a "I'd get alot less butthurt if I could comprehend sarcasm" button.

Nevermind, it would be one worn out sob.

I'm running a regular lock washer from a hardware store torqued to 175ft lb. No problems yet. It's just a lock washer.....

Last edited:
I run a regular washer as well, at 180. never has slipped. I would definately run a stock nut though, don't wanna chance stripping anything with a cheap one.

How 'bout a "I'd get alot less butthurt if I could comprehend sarcasm" button.

Nevermind, it would be one worn out sob.

how about "I wish I knew that "a lot" was two words." is that good enough sarcasm troll :stab:

thank you DieselheaD and K204DR for your valuable input. I found a oem nut and am going to do a lock washer from the store and torque like you both said. thanks again.

I used factory nut and snapped my lock washer...used one off a 2" ball...works like a champ!

If they are adding buttons on here, then maybe a "stfu" button, a "you have over 1,000 comments, time to get a life you p.o.s." button too, it would be great to change these forums to be more like Facebook. Moving on

If there was a STFU button, we'd all be using it on butthurt n00bs like you.

Back