P-pump on 6.7 with stock internals.

RonA

Anyone done one. Curious how the stock pistons run with the p-pump?
Thanks.

RonA

theres only one guy the world i know who did it, his names darren at Daves Diesel in indiana, hes well over 1000 horse and i doubt stock pistons

I think there is more than one guy int he world that has done it. Stock pistons would be fine, I would be scared of stock rods though.

RonA, give up, and come to the dark side. We have cookies and push buttons.

:shake:

No thanks. I'll take reliability and peace of mind over push buttons and cookies. I found the answer to my question. No on stock piston. Thanks Mike.

Im curious on the pistons too?

I cant remember what its name is now, re entrant?

No thanks. I'll take reliability and peace of mind over push buttons and cookies. I found the answer to my question. No on stock piston. Thanks Mike.

Short of self induced carnage that was my fault. never one issue that isn't life stopping, daily driven for 5 years and 138,000 miles adding 100hp/year on average thus far (this year isn't over yet!). I mean, you've never had u-joints or ball joints or a door seal go bad on ya in your 92'?

I know you know the values of well maintained stuff. There's nothing wrong with buttons, it's just something different to learn.

Short of self induced carnage that was my fault. never one issue that isn't life stopping, daily driven for 5 years and 138,000 miles adding 100hp/year on average thus far (this year isn't over yet!). I mean, you've never had u-joints or ball joints or a door seal go bad on ya in your 92'?

I know you know the values of well maintained stuff. There's nothing wrong with buttons, it's just something different to learn.

Those CR's will never have the true sound of 94-02 Cummins, one thing I really dont like about them

Meh. sound doesn't make horsepower.

My little wimpy p-pump first gen isn't quite in common rail league, but as far as headach free hp, it does ok. Even has 4" exhaust and a muffler. All you'd hear is the swish of me passing you and the sound of you gasping for breath because my twins sucked all the oxygen out of the air.:hehe:

Last edited:
My little wimpy p-pump first gen isn't quite in common rail league, but as far as headach free hp, it does ok.

I suppose. but let me get in there and turn a bunch of screws and see how long it takes ya to get it back! :)

However headache free power.. I've had my share, but if I had a p-pump and learning I'd have similar headaches.

All you'd hear is the swish of me passing you and the sound of you gasping for breath because my twins sucked all the oxygen out of the air.:hehe:

Thats sig material for sureLOL:Cheer:

I agree 100%
Those CR's will never have the true sound of 94-02 Cummins, one thing I really dont like about them

I hate cr sound

My little wimpy p-pump first gen isn't quite in common rail league, but as far as headach free hp, it does ok. Even has 4" exhaust and a muffler. All you'd hear is the swish of me passing you and the sound of you gasping for breath because my twins sucked all the oxygen out of the air.:hehe:

Best part is know one would even think about that thing beeing fast

I personally like the sound of my truck over 3000rpm with the 5" straight, even with the oem manifold, sounds cool to me. under 3K, depending on throttle it's "meh".

Can the 4.020" bore of the ISB block be bored out enough to fit the 4.210" piston from a 6.7L ??? Boring anything out .190" may be asking a lot for the block to handle, especially if any reliablity is desired.

Just curious...But I seem to recall a thread about it once....