P-pump on 6.7 with stock internals.

hey ron, IIRC sterner liked using the 04.5-early 07 pistons. The 6.7 pistons are more like the 03-04's. (i'm probably a little late, but I never check this section)

hey ron, IIRC sterner liked using the 04.5-early 07 pistons. The 6.7 pistons are more like the 03-04's. (i'm probably a little late, but I never check this section)

That seems to be the general consensus. I bought a new set of pistons(thanks Mumau) and had the bowls welded up and re-machined. It was about the only option.

I would suggest an aftermarket rod set. Not a 12 or 24V stock part.

I contacted the guy you recommended. I need to ship him a rod to be sure.

Isn't the rod in the 6.7's identical to the PM rods in the 5.9? My plans for my Woodruff rods after I frag this engine is to throw them in the 6.7 sitting on the sidelines. (At least I'm hoping they fit.)

Isn't the rod in the 6.7's identical to the PM rods in the 5.9? My plans for my Woodruff rods after I frag this engine is to throw them in the 6.7 sitting on the sidelines. (At least I'm hoping they fit.)

That's what i have heard, but the guy wants to measure one.

RonA

same thing for 6.7 and 5.9 as far as rods go. interchangeable

the rods are the same dimensions its just the piston is designed differently with the difference being in the pin location. the 6.7 rods are a powdered metal unlike the 12v, 24v, or cr rods.

so since the 6.7 has a longer stroke and the 5.9 and 6.7 rods are the same is the difference in the piston height?

Sorry for my ignorance guys but I dont know anything about p pumps. What would be the advantage of converting a CR to a p-pump. Also when would someone do this. Just looking for info to expand my knowledge. Thanks in advance

I don't know why you could debeam the 24V rods, then do the shotpeen on the rod. Then get the bottom end cyro (crank/rods), it should be enough to take a season of abuse. Billet rods are pricey.:poke: