Payouts???

I think Outlaws will have a better turnout this year, a lot of guys I think sat out the first year to see how things went..

The higher payouts will bring in more out of town pullers. The more places you pay back, the happier the pullers will be. Even if you dont win, the cash back to help cover cost of fuel, sign-up fee, hotel etc is nice.(IMO) And will encourage them to come back for the next event. Maybe we at least break even on fuel for the trip. All competitors know we never get anything back towards what the trucks cost. No matter what the purse is. LOL
Date and Time. If you want guys to travel long distances for a once or twice a year pull, you cant do it in the middle of their points season. I dont see the top trucks coming.
To make a great event you needs lots of advertising and sponsors. Words gotta get out to the pullers as well as the spectators.
One big factor to putting on a big event, and getting pullers to return, is the facility. There needs to be easy access and parking for trucks and trailer. Keeping the spectators from parking in the pits is a good idea too. Organization is a big thing. Have the track and sled ready to go. Start when you say you are, unless its weather related. Gotta keep things moving along smoothly. From the pulls Ive been too, you cant have enough equipment and track crew. Trucks are gonna break, have something ready to pull em off.
Security, especially if its a chance of rain. Todays typical diesel crowd spectators is usually a bunch of punks riding in daddys money. When things get held up for rain, ppl get bored and stupid. Start doing burnouts, donuts slinging mud all over ppls cars and trucks. Seen it all at Rudys and NHRDA event at Rockingham NC. Luckily I moved my trucks and trailer before the mud sling started in Rockingham. The guy next to me not so lucky, his rig got wrapped up in mud and grass. NHRDA reps found out what was going on and shut that down. People have no respect any more. They dont realize there would be no event/show without the competitors.