Pcs 4R100 baseline file?

cumminsontheroc

Finally got my last project running after many problems with the first harness from destroked/pcs. Now im having trouble getting a decent drivable tunee in the controller for the 4r100. I've been through all the set up wizard and set tips, tire speedo ect! I tried the pcs"base line diesel" file and it just locks the converter as soon as it in drive. Ive got it moving a little now but when I go around a corner or slow down and not come to a complete stop, as son as I the brake pedal is released the tranny instantly locks the converter and shifts to high gear......loss the hell outta the motor and smokes like hell!

Question is does any one have a file that works I could maybe try/use as a baseline for my setup that would be better then what I have now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Le

Awesome guys. Thanks for the tip. You would think for the money you spend that destroked would have some thing that would atleast get you started!

Last edited:
pm me your email and I will send a file that Cale at BTS wrote.

You need to check out your coolant temp levels in your tcc lockup parameters. Then you need to go into online mode, and see what the pcs is seeing for coolant temps... my guess is if you hooked the coolant sensor in that it is wired wrong, or something of the like and is keeping the tcc locked up because of a false reading.....i.e it thinks the trans is over 300* or what ever your TCC parameter is set at in the first table I told you to look at...

Last edited:
also while in online mode check your inputs.... I don't know how you have everything wired, but it is possible you have a digital input wired and programmed to keep the convertor locked.

You need to check out your coolant temp levels in your tcc lockup parameters. Then you need to go into online mode, and see what the pcs is seeing for coolant temps... my guess is if you hooked the coolant sensor in that it is wired wrong, or something of the like and is keeping the tcc locked up because of a false reading.....i.e it thinks the trans is over 300* or what ever your TCC parameter is set at in the first table I told you to look at...

figured that out. the temp is saying 284 constant. TCC lockup by temp on the file is set at 305. not having the lockup problem when turning a corner anymore but some files will lock the convertor as soon as the trucks in drive!

my MAIN problem right now is getting this darn usb/serial adpt. to work! im on my second one and PCS still cant tell me what im doing wrong and why it wont link to my laptop after days on the phone. having to run my entire desktop computer out to the shop and having it setup in the pass seats with and ext cord is a real pain in the arse!! makes working on this thing non existant!

Ok, so I got it to link after three laptops and a update for windows7 from pcs. Today I tried a file I got from destroked and shifts almost perfect but never locks the converter. been through the parameters and temp settings and they should be good. Funny thing is when the monitor screens on the tps guage doesnt work and the tcc lock up cancel light in the bottom right is oppsite thens other cals.

mosmoke could you send me a baseline pcs file for a 210hp 12 valve with 4r100 3.73 gears. auto world sent me one but doesnt seam close. im in 4th gear at like 35 to 40 mph and the torque converter lock up then to

I will be out of town this Friday through Monday :chug: but will build the files when I get back, PM me your email address as I need your baseline file with your current vehicle specs engine, trans, tire size, axel ratio, and exactly what you have wired as these controllers are universal units and are 100% configurable and NOT VEHICLE SPACIFIC.

Tim

Make sure that your in and output speed sensors are right. Mo figured that out on mine. It would shift from 3rd to 4th back and fourth and lockup all before 30 mph. My mph on the laptop would go from 0 to 13 mph as soon as it started rolling.