PCS 4R100 Tune

jnletcher

I need a tune for a 4R100 for my ford cummins swap. Im running 3.73s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i had mine tuned by fordcummins. I also dont know how it works yet so i have no real feedback

PM me your current config and I will set you up as I have done many on here.

Tim

I could do that too but if it isn't wired correctly it will NOT work right.

Seat time is your friend. I got alot of help from people on the board and then I loaded those files took my laptop and went for a drive. Find a nice stretch of road where you can pin it and watch your laptop and the road too and then start making adjustments. I'm still a bit unsure of how all the line pressure mapping works but thanks to guys like mo smoke I didn't need to worry about it. Good luck and have fun tweaking your settings.

How the heck do you hook the laptop to PCS. The plug on my PCS looks ancient! won't fit on my laptop. Looks like something an old monitor would use for a plug with the"bolts" on either side.

No one has a tune?? :umno:

If you look in the Digital input folder in the file I sent you. I run the ground signal through a switch to the brake light input to keep the torque converter unlocked. That sounds weird, but that is what PCS told me to do and it works great. It is a great function if you tow heavy loads and dont have your tow/haul button hooked back up.

If anyone can send me some info on a better 4R100 tune that would be great. Mine is going into OD & converter Locked at roughly 40-45 mph and won't unlock until spedo is below 35mph.

Also not sure how to go about hooking up the OD off switch.

If anyone can send me some info on a better 4R100 tune that would be great. Mine is going into OD & converter Locked at roughly 40-45 mph and won't unlock until spedo is below 35mph.

Also not sure how to go about hooking up the OD off switch.

You need to get yourself a serial to usb connector then you can tune it to your liking. It will be very hard for someone to "send" you there file and it be right for your setup.

If you look in the Digital input folder in the file I sent you. I run the ground signal through a switch to the brake light input to keep the torque converter unlocked. That sounds weird, but that is what PCS told me to do and it works great. It is a great function if you tow heavy loads and dont have your tow/haul button hooked back up.

Am I understandin that you are tricking the converter to stay UNLOCKED for towing heavy loads? Im thinking this would be the opposite of what you would want. I always pick my gear and lock my converter on my 94 dodge.