PCS and 5r110

smokin dually

Pearson's Diesel
I finally got the 12v in an 03 running and now I'm not sure on the PCS controller. I have the transmission harness on. The truck has an electric transfer case. Do I just cut off the transmission part of the harness and leave the transfer case part? Next what inputs do I have to use and how do I wire the nuetral switch back up? After I put on the PCS harness the truck wont start because it doesn't know it's in park. Their directions are not helpful.

The wiring pinouts in the PCS Directions tell you what wires do what functions, Look on the schematic of unterminated wires.

I did I have the tps, 5v, rpm, and the speed pick up don't I also need a brake input. I didn't see anything about the nuetral safety wires in the directions

Yes leave the transfer case portion of the harness in-tact. There are two boxes (some sort of control module and a small fuse box) on the fender near the firewall that control the transfer case. follow those wires and make sure not to cut them.
Sounds like you are lacking the input from the range sensor. The range sensor is what tells the truck it's in PRND321. It will trigger the backup lights and such as well. Lt. Blue/Yellow wire if i remember correctly.

The ones that came with the kit. I got the range wires hooked now it will start. I don't how to wire the Rachel pick up. Can anyone help with that

The ones that came with the kit. I got the range wires hooked now it will start. I don't how to wire the Rachel pick up. Can anyone help with that

know what your asking. I had thr same question when I got my harness from destroked with the hard to understand schematic from pcs and nonexistant destroked directions/help. Then when I called destroked the girl told me to to I was going to have to"google it!"

Well Ifigured it out now. You have to take the stock ford gear selector 12 pin plug and cut the six wires off thats match the unterminated wires on the pcs harness plug. Half the plug is going to go to the pcs harness and the other half of the wires from the new connector will be wired into the stock ford harness telling the truck it in park neutral and rev! Make sense?

Hope this helps...now to figure out this 4r100 tune....grrrr!

I used the range sensor wires from the Ford harness and spliced them back into the PCS harness. I can't figure out how to wire the tach pick up. Roachie told me to use the factory cam and crank sensor wires and put hot to hot and cold to cold but none of the wires have more than 1.5 volts and they're on the same sensor. Other than the rpm feed and the brake input I have the other inputs wired

Hey I'm trying to wire in my truck and I've only figured out like the 5 volt wire and the hot and the ground off the rear axle is it the red pink wire or the black green wire and what do u put it to on the pcm and how do u wire the tps and I got the rpm kit from destroked were do u wire that to?

If you don't own a service manual for the transplant vehicle and do not know electrical wiring then this is not the project for you. People seem to think these swaps are as easy as changing their oil in their back yard and then look for others to do all the hard work for them when they realize they are in over their head. Many of us have spent hundreds of hours emailing back and forth trying to figure how these trucks are cobbled together and now my truck doesn't shift right or it won't start, or won't shift at all...Do your homework before you start, there is no magical file you load to fix what you don't have wired up....

Ya trust me ive figured that out and I had someone that was supposed to take care of all the wireing for me cause thats what I dont know how to do but he bailed now im stuck trying to figure it out.

i agree mo smoke everyone wants the anwsers that we had to figure out on our own. Like you said do your homework there pleny of info out there read.

Just cut a few wires, a little solder, and a diagram and it should work. It can be overwhelming at times. Just take a deep breath and attack it slowly.

i agree mo smoke everyone wants the anwsers that we had to figure out on our own. Like you said do your homework there pleny of info out there read.

Theres no reason to re-invent the wheel. Many people have done these swaps...there should be no harm in asking some questions to help direct someone towards their goal. I like to learn from others mistakes not by creating my own.

Theres no reason to re-invent the wheel. Many people have done these swaps...there should be no harm in asking some questions to help direct someone towards their goal. I like to learn from others mistakes not by creating my own.

X2 this is what this site is about helping each other out. If you don't want to help find another post that people don't ask for help. Comp D bringing the best together.

Chris

Last edited:
On a side note the directions in the manuals are very vague as to details on wiring each model transmission. I still have yet to find the page that talks about where the heck to wire in to the harness the brake input to unlock the converter on a 4R100.

X2 this is what this site is about helping each other out. If you don't want to help find another post that no asks for help. Comp D bringing the best together.

Chris