PCS TCU tune sharing for 48re

https://www.dropbox.com/s/se64ey88zmznpie/11-04ET%20May%2017th%202015%20TPS.TCU?dl=0

I switched to TPS controlled torque converter lockup after having trouble at the track with my new transmission upgrades (tighter stacks, higher stall (600 over stock), 4.4 ratio arm vs the old 3.8, and billet servo and accumulator.

This is the new calibration file for those interested. So far, I like locking up via TPS, but its going to take a while to get it tweaked just right.

My question for you all is, how do you set up "per gear lockup" The 2, 3, and 4 tables make sense to me, but the 1st gear table was a bit confusing at first glance. I'm hesitant to mess with it without knowing a bit more, or using someone else's tables, due to having so much money invested in the transmission.

If you dont have a drop box, pm me your email address, and I will email you a copy.

Last edited:
as far as i can tell and what i've been able to do so far, if you have the PCS set to unlock during up shifts, it will unlock in the current gear..upshift then lock again. it would be nice if there was a way to get the PCS to command unlock and the upshift at the same time so you wouldn't have the rpm climb before the upshift.

ever figure that out?

hey my truck has been down for awhile. just got it back together. anyway i forgot most of what i learned about this tranny but my main concern is that my tcc cancel switch doesnt seem to work any more. it locks as commanded but i cant get it to unlock by the switch. in the monitor screen you can see the input activated from off to on but the tcc cancel indicator never lights up. any thoughts

That's the same kinda crap that forced me to quit using my pcs for racing. It just wouldn't do what it was commanded to do.

Everything thing else seems to work except the tcc unlock switch. It used to work but now doesnt.

I may have missed it in a post somewhere, but are yall using efi live to tune the transmission? Or another programmer of sorts?

Thank you,
Jay

I may have missed it in a post somewhere, but are yall using efi live to tune the transmission? Or another programmer of sorts?

Thank you,
Jay

No not efi. Using Powertain Control Solutions TCU software. It's a program that PCS offers for free on their website. It's meant for transmissions that use a PCS TCM to control.

Ok, I see. I didn't realize yall were running an aftermarket trans controller. Is there a way to control the factory unit in the truck with decent success or is it better to go to the pcs controller?

Thanks again,
Jay