Phoenix, AZ Sept 1, 2007

Marc

Nobody
Just dropping a teaser...plans are almost done....

Powerstroke.org will be putting on an event in Pheonix Sept first, any truck is welcome!! This will be sponsored by www.Powerstroke.org, but it will not be a ford only event, all brands (including diesel cars) will be welcome. We will be limited to about 70 trucks max....but this should be a fun event. Payouts have not been set and this will be a smaller payout event since it will be the ORG's first larger scale one, but as of now it looks lik total payout will be minimum of $1000 (we have that already) with new sponsors coming on fast. This event is Labor day weekend, and is an saterday evening race if that helps anyone who would be interested in traveling. More info to come soon:rockwoot:

Are we talking drags? sleds? dyno? dirt drags? tug-wars?

dalenw said:
Are we talking drags? sleds? dyno? dirt drags? tug-wars?
prize money bracket drags....best ET money paying as well.....not huge money..but something....

also raffle give-aways...

Plans are being finalized as we speak....

Even will be at speedworld in Surprise, AZ......Sept 1st during that saterday evening

Prizes are not entierly finalized...but we are looking at roughly 1500 total payout with prized for first through third on the brackets, and then best ET....

of course goody bags for all racers....and discounted hotel rates available for travelors....

If anyone needs more info, let me know. This will be a fun event and im looking foreward to meeting anyone who wants to come!! Make sure all AZ, NM, east TX, UT, and Socal members who would want to race know about this!!!!

Is it drag racing only, or will there be a dyno, sled, etc? I'd like to take both trucks, but if its only drags we will probably just bring one. Thanks

AMMO22 said:
Is it drag racing only, or will there be a dyno, sled, etc? I'd like to take both trucks, but if its only drags we will probably just bring one. Thanks
Just drags. We will have our own class, but this is being run in conjunction with a normal saterday night drag the track runs for the public. they are working with us to allow us to have our own drag event within thier normal racing night. Hopefully this could end up being an event in the future we can incorporate dyno and or sled pulling into as well!!

That is an awesome thought. PHX is within driving distance for a lot of people. I think it has potential to do really well as a DIESEL ONLY event in the future.

AMMO22 said:
That is an awesome thought. PHX is within driving distance for a lot of people. I think it has potential to do really well as a DIESEL ONLY event in the future.
This started off as simply a Powerstroke.org get together and balooned to what it is now from there based on responce, so based off of that responce i think you are very correct. This has the potenial to be an annual diesel only event, and we need to do a few things to ensure that happens... Im hoping that we end up with a relatively even draw of PSD's, Cummins, and DMax's to get a true diesel enthusiest event to show what it is all about!!

the first thing is to get a full 70 trucks that the track has said we could bring to this event. That will go a long way to showing what can be done here. This means everyone needs to get anyone they can to come race, and anyone who doesnt want to race to come and get in our section of the stands.

the next thing is we need a real diesel organization to promote this. Ive been talking with chris at NHRDA about this, and there is potential. We may need to put on a 2008 event as well to really prove the potenial to one of the organizing groups. It would be awsome if we could make Phoenix a headline event for a fall race!! Lets make it happen!!

Talk to Dan Pardo @ Southwest Diesel and Electrical. They may be willing to do some sponsering of some type. I drove up and talked him months ago when I was trying to start my own diesel shop/site (I'm still interested in doing this if anyone has any good info for me). They can actually do quite a bit as far as performance goes.

AMMO22 said:
Talk to Dan Pardo @ Southwest Diesel and Electrical. They may be willing to do some sponsering of some type. I drove up and talked him months ago when I was trying to start my own diesel shop/site (I'm still interested in doing this if anyone has any good info for me). They can actually do quite a bit as far as performance goes.
I live in Cali....i do have assistance in the phoenix area there though...do you have any contact info i could use to get this ball rolling??

Lilbit said:
Marked it on the calendar :rockwoot:
You better forget that Coach purse and get a drag comp box, otherwise the Dodge stays at home. LOL

Is Speedworld limiting you to 70 trucks? It's an open track night other wise right?

Just have to pay normal track fees to enter?

Turbotug said:
Is Speedworld limiting you to 70 trucks? It's an open track night other wise right?

Just have to pay normal track fees to enter?
Yes its a normal open night that they are allowing us to use to run this...

And yes, normal spectator or racer entry fees is all that wil be required....