pics of latest conversion

mech2161

I have a secret.
And no I didn't pick the colors, it was already painted. Dual battery tray, intake and one intercooler tube left to be done. I need to wire power seats and reinstall the interior. This has been a long one waiting and shipping parts back and forth.

more pictures

CONVERSION_II_0024-600x450.jpg

CONVERSION_II_0014-600x450.jpg

It would look a lot better if it was cleaner. It was a farm truck before I started on it. The wiring turned out great, nothing looks out of place. It's even got the stock fan on a second gen hub. It's close so I'm crossing my fingers.

Looks good. But... that turbo drain running above the engine mount makes me a little nervous though. Hope it doesn't back up and create back pressure in the charger.

Looks good. But... that turbo drain running above the engine mount makes me a little nervous though. Hope it doesn't back up and create back pressure in the charger.

That was a thought I also had. I went big on the line and think it will be ok. The pictures are a little deceiving. It does have some drop in the hose. The engine is a reman with marker paint on everything so I was leery of cracking the seal on it.

They take a lot more time than what people think to do a clean install. Get it done!

They take a lot more time than what people think to do a clean install. Get it done!

yes it does and i wish i would of taken my time when i did mine cause its a pain in the arse going back and trying to modify and correct later. looks good man

The battery tray is done. I've been waiting on the junk yard to send a bracket I need for the p/s since Wednesday of last week.

CONVERSION_II_0015-600x450.jpg

CONVERSION_II_0025-600x450.jpg

CONVERSION_II_003-600x450.jpg

why are the batteries on an angle? alot of fummins conv. mount them straight. just asking
thanks,
Joe

why are the batteries on an angle? alot of fummins conv. mount them straight. just asking
thanks,
Joe

The battery location on that side is angled from the factory. If you put them in straight you have to push the inner fender down or you raise them up and have hood issues. I tried different locations. This has the best support from the factory lower bracket and clears everything.

This is for a customer. I don't want it back with the battery under a tire.

Have you found that autoworld or someone else mounts put the engine on a angle that doesn't seem to work?

The ones I use are the same as Ford Cummins. I redrill them to raise the engine and push it to the passenger side. There is enough material in them to do this. It gives you a little more room around the oil pan and cross member and the top of the transfer case.