Pictures of aftermarket trans cooler set ups?

Does removing the head exchanger really cause the trans to heat up? Mine is stock but I thought the exchanger wasnt needed all it did was run 170* water past the hot fluid.

Mine never goes above 180 even in 95* day sitting in traffic. Its cooler flogging on it and drops below 150 once it locks up. I do have a BD deep pan and race vb so line pressures up a bit. Just wondering why you need so much cooling. I know the converter builds a ton of heat but dont you go down the track with it locked anyway :confused:

My trans has all the bells and whistles and it will run a cool 150 degrees (takes for ever to warm up). But if i start at 150 +/- it will hit 190 by the time i turn on the return rd. I'm sure it would keep climbing if i kept driving. My truck has yet to make hot laps fortunately. I have tried letting the truck cool off with the transfer case in neutral and the truck in gear with locked converter and it doesn't seem to help.

Sent from my fphone

Theres some dead space under the cab on either side by the door. Might be enough to mount a cooler in, keeping the lines short.
Theres a ton of room on the bedsides forward of the leaf spring mount. Only worry is if you get whacked there driving around town.
Messing with trans plumbing scares the crap outta me. All I can think of is Im gonna spring a leak on a bad hose or fitting and wont know it till my 5000$ trans becomes a smoking 50$ core. Might look into ways to monitor fluid level in the cab

Theres some dead space under the cab on either side by the door. Might be enough to mount a cooler in, keeping the lines short.
Theres a ton of room on the bedsides forward of the leaf spring mount. Only worry is if you get whacked there driving around town.
Messing with trans plumbing scares the crap outta me. All I can think of is Im gonna spring a leak on a bad hose or fitting and wont know it till my 5000$ trans becomes a smoking 50$ core. Might look into ways to monitor fluid level in the cab

I used all Aeroquip stainless lines and fittings because of this, same with my fuel lines. I had used the cheap Summit brand once before and a fitting split on me and some just didnt go together right. I dont like the push lock fittings because the rubber seems to crack at some bends. Use good stuff and you shouldnt have a problem.

Sent from my fphone

Wondering if a fan/cooler under the truck and the factory heat exchanger would be enough to keep things cool? I want to ditch the stock POS lines and cooler up front on this next trans build. So I would just be running a derale 15870 underneath the bed and the stock heat exc.,no cooler up front at all. Input?

Line pressure gauge, when the needle starts bouncing you are low on fluid. Been there.