Price of Diesel???

NADM Marketing

Dontnonuthin
We want to know how the price of diesel is effecting your travel to events?

What are you paying for diesel?

How far will you travel to event?

Does the purse have a part in your decision?

Thanks - planning for next year already and want to get an early start on events. We are already getting requests!:thankyou2:

RK

Well with my truck being a p.o.s. it depends on the turnout. I like to see a small turnout with a big purse and im there!!

If all the events no matter who sponsors them weren't 700 miles from Oklahoma I may be able to afford $300 in diesel to attend them. :D Absolutley the price of fuel affects us.

yes

We want to know how the price of diesel is effecting your travel to events?Yes

What are you paying for diesel?$4.79 Today

How far will you travel to event?Depends on Event, been to Kentucky this year but have also passed on local ones.

Does the purse have a part in your decision?Yes, the more that is there to pay for fuel the farther we can go.

Thanks - planning for next year already and want to get an early start on events. We are already getting requests!:thankyou2:

RK

Jerrod

We want to know how the price of diesel is effecting your travel to events? YES

What are you paying for diesel? $4.59

How far will you travel to event? Depends on purse and event

Does the purse have a part in your decision? Absolutely

RK

We want to know how the price of diesel is effecting your travel to events?Definately crimps the travel plans to certain events.

What are you paying for diesel?$5.01

How far will you travel to event?Depends on purse & amount

Does the purse have a part in your decision?Absolutely

RK

Joe

Red,

wow - $5 thats a lot - tell them boys to quit stickin it to ya out there! It takes 30% less oil to make diesel than it does regular gas!:bang

Ron

Me (and Probably Most Of Us)at The Pump :eek:wned:

I would be at a lot more events if they were closer, big or small
doesnt really matter. just cost too much to travel.

Red,

wow - $5 thats a lot - tell them boys to quit stickin it to ya out there! It takes 30% less oil to make diesel than it does regular gas!:bang

Ron

That's Cali for ya Ron. $160 per fill up lately. It hasen't gone up much from there, thank God, but is holding steady @ $5. Sometimes I'll luck out and it will go to $4.97 or $4.93, oohhh big savings.....:bang
Yeah, it takes less oil to make the diesel but I have heard due to the change into ULSD, that is what's costing more, getting the sulfur out of the fuel.

Joe

Think how good it will be when/if it falls to 3.00 a gallon in the future. ANd that still sucks.

It definetley makes me think about going, but I love this sport, and I am going either way. I am fortunate, and flying is way cheaper for me.

4.69/gallon here

Payout has no effect on me coming, I come for the race, and the comraderie. If I actually win, Bonus.

Well, I didn't goto Steele because of fuel, not going to Thompson and I doubt I'll make it to Atlanta either.

Yeah, it takes less oil to make the diesel but I have heard due to the change into ULSD, that is what's costing more, getting the sulfur out of the fuel.

You dont think it has anything to do with demand and supply since they know trucking companies need diesel to make this country's deliveries by truck?

It's all about money how many companies do you know that can boast 400% profit margins?

Ron

What are you paying for diesel? $4.80

How far will you travel to event? We traveled 1700 miles to Kentucky....

Does the purse have a part in your decision? Yes, it is nice to be able to get some back.

RK

Paying $4.80 around here, I have traveled up to 1000 miles one-way to an event this year (and 310 one-way to get rained out). The costs are definitely affecting my plans, and a higher purse definitely helps me justify it. Maybe you should look into more events on a regional level, to reduce travel requirements?

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

What are you paying for diesel?

How far will you travel to event?

Does the purse have a part in your decision?

RK

It's nice to see that you actually care about everyone, unlike another (dis)organization.

A National Event I'd be willing to travel 6-7hrs to spectate. Maybe a little further for something like last years Indy. (was real dissappointed in everything this year at Indy) Would like to see the big events to grow way past last years indy. (vendors,racers will bring the crowds)

next year gong to keep it with in 300 miles and probley 2 or 3 longer halls
that also depends on how long my job last and what I can find to replace it

Yeah, we do care, if you noticed we are doing a lot of different events this year to find what will work the best!

Our sponsors also care, they rely on us to test the markets and get feedback as to what will be a better draw. When fuel prices effect the norm we have attempted to switch some of the point purse to local event purse such as a showup fee like we did last week (even though we got rained out we still payed the showup fees) NADM figures it helps those who have to travel with a little extra fuel money besides the purse!

As we say we want to grow the sport and yes, we are constantly looking for events and locations. We have tried some local club funding this year to help local clubs put on events.

Anything and everything to promote diesel motorsports and help keep it going while the fuel prices are up!

Keep giving us your input! It helps.

Ron

You also might want to consider doing regional events, such as withing a few states running for points, and then take the top 3-5 or whatever to a final national event, and do a series of 3 pulls, and add distances together to get the national champion. Thus pullers would only have to make one 6+ hour trip if they get in the finals. Again i dont know how many pulls you have, but if it ever became enough pulls, it would be worth it.