Price of Diesel???

You also might want to consider doing regional events, such as withing a few states running for points, and then take the top 3-5 or whatever to a final national event, and do a series of 3 pulls, and add distances together to get the national champion. Thus pullers would only have to make one 6+ hour trip if they get in the finals. Again i dont know how many pulls you have, but if it ever became enough pulls, it would be worth it.

that soundd like a good plan... setup regional brackets other sports have been doing it for years. good idea.

put the nationals centrally loacted(union wise) TX, OK, NE, AK area. and the logest one way roughly any one person is looking at is 1500 miles max IE PNW/New england canada could be more depending on were they are coming form

and see if we can get a few more pulls for both the east coast and west coast gents

Here is a little flash back for you on prices.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30292

In 03' I drove from here to Muncie and back then that fall drove to B.C. Canada and back then down to Kerrville TX for the rally.....that's in one year....like 8500 miles....sick.

Yes prices are crazy but there are many people out there that have more money than me an those are the ones I like to watch.

Jim

I hate to see it..but it looks like renting a class 8 truck for the weekend (3-4 days) would almost be cheaper than driving your own truck, trailer, race truck and 'extra' parts trailer.:bang

Actually I rented a 3/4 ton 08Ford 6.4 the weekend I went to BG for the TS race and spent less than I normally would, especially considering the extra 12 bucks a day for insurance covered the tires I burnt off of it.

I saw gas for 3.67 last night, and diesel is 4.46 accross the street.

Were lucky Dan compared to them guys in Cali! One good reason to have a down truck at the moment.

Actually I rented a 3/4 ton 08Ford 6.4 the weekend I went to BG for the TS race and spent less than I normally would, especially considering the extra 12 bucks a day for insurance covered the tires I burnt off of it.

Where did you rent this from? I am thinking of trying to fly in and rent at a pair of races in Calgary later this year. I was really tempted to fly & rent for both TS and Steele this year.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I was wondering who that was. Doing a burnout on the side of the Interstate while the convoy drove by was definately a classic! :clap::rockwoot:

What did they say when you brought it back rubberless?

Him: Ummmmm Uhhhhh. It wasnt like that when it left here.

Me: I believe I allready paid you $22.00.

Him: OK

Michael. I rent from enterprise rent a truck. My DD was down for the weekend.

Him: Ummmmm Uhhhhh. It wasnt like that when it left here.

Me: I believe I allready paid you $22.00.

Him: OK

Michael. I rent from enterprise rent a truck. My DD was down for the weekend.
That's rich, did you get a video? I'd love to see a rental truck roast em.

I was wondering who that was. Doing a burnout on the side of the Interstate while the convoy drove by was definately a classic! :clap::rockwoot:

That had to be the most classic rental vehicle move I've ever seen...a burnout is one thing...but a burnout along a busy interstate with a diesel convoy rolling by...

That, is just too damn cool!
Chris

Guys,
It seems fuel is playing a big part in trying to get to the events this year, we anticipated it a little this year and that's why you see many of our events all over the country but yet keeping the bigger events centralized.

I like the idea of regional races/pulls but we would need to hear from local clubs as to when and where they are running events. And the big question is how can we get their local people qualified for the national event? If you notice this year in the events we are trying some affiliate events with some clubs to see how they go! If your club is interested please call (countrywide)?

RK

does NADM run any advertising in selected markets on the radio or TV for local events?

Depending on the event, agreements, etc, we have run all three around events, newspapers/magazines, radio and tv. We have also printed thousands of flyers to place around the towns, worked with local radio/Tv on joint ticket give-away promotions.

Plus you'll find a full page ad every month in diesel World Magazine.

Ron

Slightly down here at Flying J, to 4.47 truckers and 4.57 autos

What's up with the two separate prices for trucks and autos???

That don't make sense!!! Of course $4.80/gal. don't make sense either!!:bang