Pro 2.6 vs Street 2.6

How about we just leave it alone for a bit? Fass Nationals had a decent turnout, and if you couldnt tell the difference between the 3 classes then you dont know what your looking at.

I agree with Rob here leave it alone. There was a good showing of trucks at Fass. In good competition too, i came up short friday to get in the main show but you dont see me crying. Its go back to the board in do some more work. Hope to see every one at SDX in few months.

Rob trucks running strong hope you can make it down to Crittenden County Pull July 30th.

There is no crying about a truck that can't keep up. Pay attention, it does make a difference. Attendance is down and just because this event or that event had a good turn out doesn't make it good everywhere. If some of you were around as long as Sleddy you would be able to see the trend. It's not good.

Maybe the 3.0 class needs more time to mature. Not everyone rushes out to change their machine to fit a new class immediately.
Also I had a discussion Sat. night with a veteran puller. His thought was that lowering the hitch height would greatly extend the life of OEM driveline parts. That would bring more entrants into the upper classes. He felt that the 3.0 class was dominated by big money machines and no one on a budget would want to compete with them. From the carnage I saw this weekend in the 2.6 classes, it might be a good idea for them also.

There is no crying about a truck that can't keep up. Pay attention, it does make a difference. Attendance is down and just because this event or that event had a good turn out doesn't make it good everywhere. If some of you were around as long as Sleddy you would be able to see the trend. It's not good.

The economy and fuel prices are not good either. Lowering the Hp of trucks isnt going to help the turnout much, if so workstock classes would be lined up around the block everywhere, but that doesnt seem to be the case, 2.6 is still bigger than workstock.

Well it does take awhile to build a truck from the ground up and keep a full time job. Gene try to be patient and it will come, don't kill it quite yet.

I don't think the intent is to change what we have. Most of the guys that would hook don't fit WS and will not hook against dedicated pullers.

I don't think the intent is to change what we have. Most of the guys that would hook don't fit WS and will not hook against dedicated pullers.

As soon as someone builds a truck that mops them up in that class, they will be wanting a lesser class also. I really say we need to have a non turbo class.

WS is a joke....ive never seen a stock truck pull in that class

really??? who wants to pull a stock truck anyway? nobody people that truck pull are the type of people that dont like leaving the trucks stock, work stock is a class that a guy that drives his truck everyday, tows with it, takes the family on a trip or even pulls a camper to the pull and unhooks from it and hooks to the sled then hauls the camper back home the next morning. Try doing all that with a 800-900hp 2.6 truck, leave workstock were it is not everybody has 20k to spend on mods for a 2.6, 2.8 truck

I think the current 2.6 class is fine just allow hoodstacks and bushings. I mean it is a dedicated puller class.

Then have the street class as i described earlier.

I think it would be a very sad day in the diesel motorsports world if an association would ax a fledgling class after one year.

How many years did you let 2.8 try to make a comeback before you gave it the old heave ho? Dang, at least give it a chance to grow.

:Cheer:

I think it would be a very sad day in the diesel motorsports world if an association would ax a fledgling class after one year.

How many years did you let 2.8 try to make a comeback before you gave it the old heave ho? Dang, at least give it a chance to grow.

The 2.8 didn't stand a chance when all the things were allowed in 2.6. Not saying I'm against them but they were the same class. 2.6 and 3.0 were awesome classes to watch at both PPL hooks this year so far.

NADM is asking the question to get PULLER'S thoughts on the trucks showing up after receiving concerns from the pullers of the turnouts at all organization's pulls regardless of who they are for 2011(PPL, NADM, NTPA, etc).

The economy and high fuel prices raises some concerns about the 2.6. That is why the question was asked, doesn't mean we are going to change anything. NADM has not changed the rules for a couple of years other than dropping 2.8 and switching to 3.0, now if 3.0 trucks numbers are only prevelant in a couple of states then we might have to rethink it.

We try to make the rules work for Nationwide competition not just local, it involves more for the sport when doing so.

It benefits all to include more competitors, so do the lower end 2.6 pullers feel like they don't have a chance against top end 2.6 pullers? Simple question that the pullers can voice their opinion.

It benefits all to include more competitors, so do the lower end 2.6 pullers feel like they don't have a chance against top end 2.6 pullers?
Why even bother asking that question? You answered it yourself. LOWER END have a chance with the TOP END...? Uh.... Do you have a chance to build a million dollar home with $10,000?

Whatever changes are made I'm sure it will help in some ways and hurt in others. Give it a whirl. Best of luck. Looking forward to seeing the next event.

Last edited:
I think having a street 2.6 class would be good. Box stock chargers only with no mods to them and a single pump. We have a couple classes around here with those rules and the trucks are not out of hand yet. Yet being the key word here.

Again this thread is for PULLERS, please keep it clean and respectful. Thank you.

Last edited:

Just throwing things out there!! Turnout in 2.6 is fine, WS comes and goes- 25one hook, -6 the next. You know I like to have all the information I can get.

I think for some reason I may have said at one time this was going to happen.