Pro 2.6 vs Street 2.6

I think for some reason I may have said at one time this was going to happen.

Hasn't happened yet, and listen to people complain when someone steps down from he current 2:6 and someone puts a class legal $4000 charger on it and cleans the class.

2.6 should be the new 2.8. Bring the bushings back or not doesn't matter, just as long as its not protrusion. Some of the COTPC boys have been doing damn good with protrusion chargers against NADM chargers, but at a much higher cost. So what was gained? Money in some ones pocket, I think so! Hood stacks? Yea ok, if you remove the "street" aspect of it. Fuel, water, and battery's on the weight rack. Let the 2.6 grow!

And if I put all the time and money into building a 3.0 truck for this year, and then the class was cut, I would be royally pi$$ed!

Oh and if your gonna have someone adopt your rules, make sure they know what the book says! Not just make up rules from something they experienced "back in the day" with other classes, and what they feel like that day! I almost had to make a custom dually short bed incase I wanted to run dual rear wheels! LMAO

Hasn't happened yet, and listen to people complain when someone steps down from he current 2:6 and someone puts a class legal $4000 charger on it and cleans the class.

This class should have never got to where it's at and 2.8 should still be here. Someone really ****ed this one up.

!

And if I put all the time and money into building a 3.0 truck for this year, and then the class was cut, I would be royally pi$$ed!

Try the other shoe on- You are a promoter that has listened to crying for 4 years about making a 3.0 class, and then you do, and the numbers are dismally lower than 2.8 was. Yes, I know, fuel economy tornados floods, locusts etc, The season started weeks ago, lets go!

95% of all pulling is 2.6- the whole country, therefore, it makes sense to tweek that class to keep the volume up.

Mech, you and Terry, are the only 2.8 trucks I have ever heard from...

Heres my take, The class as it stands is a good class (NADM/FPP).

Hood staks, you wanna feel like your pulling a big truck, build a big truck and go pull it!
Protrusion, yeah that really brought the power level into check....Fail!
Duals, not a fan!

Last edited:
Oh and if your gonna have someone adopt your rules, make sure they know what the book says! Not just make up rules from something they experienced "back in the day" with other classes, and what they feel like that day! I almost had to make a custom dually short bed incase I wanted to run dual rear wheels! LMAO

Listen, I was at their rules meetings, I thought I was clear on those issues. Next thing I know, they have an ex gas gunslinger tech guy trying to enforce rules from an outdated gasser class on diesels.

You guys know the rules, best thing to do is stand together, and don't pull until its taken care of.

Listen, I was at their rules meetings, I thought I was clear on those issues. Next thing I know, they have an ex gas gunslinger tech guy trying to enforce rules from an outdated gasser class on diesels.

You guys know the rules, best thing to do is stand together, and don't pull until its taken care of.

:hehe: Ain't that the truth.

Heres my take, The class as it stands is a good class (NADM/FPP).

Hood staks, you wanna feel like your pulling a big truck, build a big truck and go pull it!
Protrusion, yeah that really brought the power level into check....Fail!
Duals...... refer to hood stacks^!

My duals got ya worried Caleb?LOL Seriuosly though, if you want to dial 2.6 back and promote 3.0 you need to take away fuel cells, no weight boxes, removable weight bars only, no rear duals on SRW trucks, limit tire size on DRW trucks, no hood stacks, full body including tailgate and rear bumper, and full interior, even back seats, batteries in stock location, and hitch in stock location using an OEM style hitch. I sure there's more things to cover, but that's the big stuff I can think of. Right now the only major difference between the 2 classes is about .4 of an inch. I'm in no way saying this is the cure or what I personally want, hell I'm building the new truck with more than half the things I listed. Just suggestions if any changes are made, we may be better off to give it some more time and see which direction the classes go in on their own. Flame away Sleddy.LOL

My duals got ya worried Caleb?LOL Seriuosly though, if you want to dial 2.6 back and promote 3.0 you need to take away fuel cells, no weight boxes, removable weight bars only, no rear duals on SRW trucks, limit tire size on DRW trucks, no hood stacks, full body including tailgate and rear bumper, and full interior, even back seats, batteries in stock location, and hitch in stock location using an OEM style hitch. I sure there's more things to cover, but that's the big stuff I can think of. Right now the only major difference between the 2 classes is about .4 of an inch. I'm in no way saying this is the cure or what I personally want, hell I'm building the new truck with more than half the things I listed. Just suggestions if any changes are made, we may be better off to give it some more time and see which direction the classes go in on their own. Flame away Sleddy.LOL

The class as it stands can not and will not go backwards. There is room for another class to get more people to hook.

LOLLOL Its a lose lose situation with them guys. There more about making there own rules

Everybody complains about protrusion not dropping the HP, what would the class be with the billet wheels not clipped. Alot of the class last year was still using cast wheels in the bushing/stepped cover classes. Where would that HP be at with billet wheels and stepped covers.

Interesting- In past years, a lot of 2.6 guys would bump to 2.8, some won, placed, most just took the second hook.

This year with 3.0, even though they were guaranteed payback if they dropped the hook in the hitch, almost nobody has bumped up.

Whats the problem boys? Askeered of a Rockwell and a drop box?

Everybody complains about protrusion not dropping the HP, what would the class be with the billet wheels not clipped. Alot of the class last year was still using cast wheels in the bushing/stepped cover classes. Where would that HP be at with billet wheels and stepped covers.

X2!

WHO CARES?!?!!? The same trucks are winning!!!!!!!!

My main thing is Dan is the old winners took the new rules and found ways to not cut power. That fact will never change. So why must everybody follow the spending trail of these new rules. The top guys are still breaking the driveline so all it did was make us less serious pullers spend more. The top guys did not jump to 3.0 like originally talked about. And thats fine cause the 2.6 class is for serious pullers. I just dont understand how that helped anything. Next the 2.6 class will be outta hand and we will have these guys with super duper chargers making the same power while fitting in the 2.5 workstock class. There is no end to this.

But this thread is about bringing a street class back. There is a ton of people that want that. Power is hard to control so the rules must control the other pulling aspects and keep the street in it and keep the dedicated pullers in the dedicated class.

That's why I suggest a box turbo. Hell, make it smaller than 2.6. The S363sx comp wheel is a good wheel. 75lbs/min. The 10 blade 68mm turbine is proving to be pretty good too. No race covers, no billet wheels, no cut manifolds, no front ballast, single pump for CR/Dmax. Keep the Traction bars. Force people to make limited power with a small streetable turbo. That'll keep the current 2.6 guys where they're at. And the rest of us get a real street class.