Programmers for 2nd Gen Cummins

If you're going to suggest a blue chip box, I'd personally go with an edge comp box much smoother power the whole way thru rpm range imo.

Personally, I never had any issues with the FMS not being smooth through rpm range. It would occasionally surge at high rpm when it was on "drag race mode" but that was to be expected.

I wasn't trying to offend him. Is this not "Competition" Diesel... This topic has been covered multiple times. But carry on... sorry to interrupt. Search function goes a long way fellas.

This.

well i wasnt trying to be a prick i have just noticed it alot latley and its been needing to be seaid for quit some time.... no hard feelings?

You put the "e" in the wrong spot.

Dude ..... Travis I love your avatar .....LOL ....... man thats giving me a complex and a half .......

Shows how the forums changed... When I got on here if a person was to ask this question. They would have been eaten alive. This is COMPD.

However... My edge does well. I'm sure it's just my truck, but the smokes sucks a fat one. Any higher "ish" horsepower vp truck is smokey.
I've been in a truck with a quad and was not impressed with drive ability. My edge is fairly smooth but I haven't ventured very far. I do wish it had some more arse on the bottom end though.

Shows how the forums changed... When I got on here if a person was to ask this question. They would have been eaten alive. This is COMPD.

I do wish it had some more arse on the bottom end though.

HO-HO-HE-HE-BOOYAH
Why don't you get a SMARTY??
Crank it up to swt. 9- then 4 timing, speed limiter @250 mph & leave the rest default,
Now you got the bottom end (arse) you wanted.
I couldn't refuse.
This is COMPD :cheer:

If you can get your hands on one I really liked my quadzilla.. Kinda nice how you can adjust your own setting in it.

If you can get your hands on one I really liked my quadzilla.. Kinda nice how you can adjust your own setting in it.

Umm... no. You don't want a quadzilla. Horrible surge. Do explain what you mean by "adjust your own setting". This sounds like a totally new feature!!

DO NOT get a quad. You can tune most of the surge out of it, but then you don't have a lot of power. Their quality control sucks, the screens don't last like the edges do, and they just aren't as user friendly.

My scheid VP and edge comp surge worse than my stock vp and quad ever thought about. Never had issues with my quad at all on my previous truck...must be a truck by truck thing. Some agree with the quad and some don't.

That all said I would avoid quad since last I knew they didn't exist anymore?

However... My edge does well. I'm sure it's just my truck, but the smokes sucks a fat one. Any higher "ish" horsepower vp truck is smokey.
I've been in a truck with a quad and was not impressed with drive ability. My edge is fairly smooth but I haven't ventured very far. I do wish it had some more arse on the bottom end though.

i have an juice w/attitude on mine right now and HATE how smokey the thing is. butt dyno says its weaker than the tst/ts stack.

HO-HO-HE-HE-BOOYAH
Why don't you get a SMARTY??
Crank it up to swt. 9- then 4 timing, speed limiter @250 mph & leave the rest default,
Now you got the bottom end (arse) you wanted.
I couldn't refuse.
This is COMPD :cheer:

cause smarty blows on a vp truck! :stab:

ya i would have to agree its more a truck to truck thing. I just know around me we all got really good results out of the quad. an I like the 4k feature of the quad. But thats only my 2 cents

I've about had it with the smoke honestly. It's terrible. I spend 99% of my time on 1... It's still a smokey pig for that setting in my opinion.
I really do miss the rpms of my ppump obviously.
I'd like a blue chip and TS stack honestly.

I would love to 24v my 12V block and keep the Ppump ... no need for computers or anything to tell me what to do ...LOL.......... I also love my 7.3IDI too ...LOL

I would love to 24v my 12V block and keep the Ppump ... no need for computers or anything to tell me what to do ...LOL.......... I also love my 7.3IDI too ...LOL

Wouldnt gain you anything...

I love my adrenaline, the higher up in the power levels you go the throttle starts to get a bit touchy but its not that bad (on my truck at least) the quad 4k tune is very street unfriendly

I've about had it with the smoke honestly. It's terrible. I spend 99% of my time on 1... It's still a smokey pig for that setting in my opinion.
I really do miss the rpms of my ppump obviously.
I'd like a blue chip and TS stack honestly.

p-pump it then ya sally! i have 98% of the parts waiting to do mine. when i get another vp truck i want to try a blue chip fms. i really like the tst/ts stack...makes the truck fun to drive.