Project X diesel VS, Ford GT

It was a cool article, it was sad to see that only 76 out of 121 finished, quess all those big blocks aren't built for towing. Nice job Greg, and I 'm glad maybe more people are starting to see the advantage of diesel:Cheer:

I saw some of the other cars making it less then 3 miles, and a few making it less then 100 miles. We stopped and helped quite a few along the way, and , the first question asking was, where was our race car, and the next question was, did you car break before the race started and are you just using your tow truck.

We had quite a few fellow Drag Week Racers ask to ride in the back seat, after riding in a race car in the heat and the rain.
But it was all worth it in the end; the editorial staff of Hot Rod was just blown away, and informed us that we had changed their minds about diesel hot rods. The all expressed the same sentiment that they were sick and tired of the smoke and bad manors or the diesel hot rods in the past. Quite a few hot rodder expressed their intent to stuff a diesel in to a muscle car.

I would be shocked to not see a 70 chevelle with a Duramax in it next year.

Last edited:
yeah, I read that article too..man, that is freakin' wild!

how come you didn't go with an aftermarket high ram and IC? after all that flow work? Or are those restrictions?

It has a ZZ intake on it now and the new intake is a side exit straight to the intercooler, I have a new Technicooler on the way. We are building a new short block for it now, and it will incorporate the RayMac advanced methods. These modifications and precision assembly will unleash about 70 hp all ready paid for in the combustion chamber.

This motor will easily make a 1000 RWHP on an inertia type Dyno, I did not push the new set up when we dynoed at Illinois’s Dyno Center , as we were a 1000 miles from home and had a race to complete. I just can no say enough about the head , manifold ,turbo and cam combination , the ease that this motor made power with no strain is a testament to the air moving capacity.

Last edited:
I would be shocked to not see a 70 chevelle with a Duramax in it next year.[/QUOTE]

a ready hear someone have done it, dmax in a muscle car, cant remember what it was though

comp when were you at cordova?

i only live about 35 minutes from there. would have been cool to seen the project x truck run

COMP461 said:
It’s like having to drive a ford; it’s ok as long as your friends don’t see you.

You mean kinda like driving a truck around with Banks stickers all over it?

:hehe: :kick: LOL

RAMICATOR said:
I would be shocked to not see a 70 chevelle with a Duramax in it next year.

a ready hear someone have done it, dmax in a muscle car, cant remember what it was though

comp when were you at cordova?

i only live about 35 minutes from there. would have been cool to seen the project x truck run

It was during Hot Rod Magazines Drag Week, Sep 11. Do you know the guys at Illinois center, just up from the track; they were great help and let us use their Dyno.
I will be back there again this year and will bring a whole herd of trucks and diesel car. We plan on entering the unlimited class also

Last edited:
Dockboy said:

I only drive the quickest ! you will see some really great proformers with thouse decals in the near future .

COMP461 said:
Diesel Power is now the highest selling magazine off the news stand; they even eclipsed Hot Rod Magazine congratulations David Kennedy.

Where can I confirm this? I really hope its true. Thats freekin cool! :rockwoot:

Dockboy said:

:eek:wned: :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :hehe:

COMP461 said:
I only drive the quickest ! you will see some really great proformers with thouse decals in the near future .

Show me ONE quick street driven truck that has any Banks products on it!!:doh:

How many Banks products on "Project X" ??:doh:

You crack me up Greg.............Whatever or whoever you are involved with at the time is the greatest thing ever......or so you tell us!!:blahblah1: :bs: :pop:

COMP461 said:
It was during Hot Rod Magazines Drag Week, Sep 11. Do you know the guys at Illinois center, just up from the track; they were great help and let us use their Dyno.
I will be back there again this year and will bring a whole herd of trucks and diesel car. We plan on entering the unlimited class also

dont know them.a buddy of mine said someone in his family owns it, cousin or something along that line, he is in Iraq otherwise i would call i would call him and find out for sure. i have heard there great guys down there.

they really have a neat shop and one of the most repeatable dyno's around, their number is 309 523 9200

Dockboy said:

You crack me up Greg.............Whatever or whoever you are involved with at the time is the greatest thing ever......or so you tell us!!:blahblah1: :bs: :pop:
Funny thing. So far when I am involved the results are predictable.

COMP461 said:
Funny thing. So far when I am involved the results are predictable.

Predictable alright!!!!

Everytime we hear endless ramblings of how you have single-handedly transformed diesel performance and brought it to a new level when in reality you have just crawled up a new persons behind:blahblah1: :doh:

Dockboy said:

*bdh* :shake: GOOD ONE !!! :Cheer: