Project X diesel VS, Ford GT

COMP461 said:
and your list of accomplishments are ?

LOL

Have plenty, but unlike some people with "fragile eggshell minds", don't feel the need to list them in every post.:hehe:

COMP461 said:
This was fun racing a GT , and if you will notice, zero Smoke at the 60’ . The only smoke we had was on the burn out and on launch before we tuned the NX progressive Nitrous , and with a little advice from Dennis Perry on staging , of a street truck, we then acomplished practically no smoke.

The truck leaves with 5 PSI boost and the progressive NX rolled smoothly in to a 1.62 60’
The industrial injection silver Bullet was very responsive, for as big a turbo as it is , we never saw boost over 45 lbs, but that was expected with the RayMac advanced port work and ZZ intake and custom street cam . The air flows in to the motor and dose not produce the restrictive back pressure on the intake side, most call big boost.

This is the future of diesel street performance , practical no smoke, 862 hp and 1650 torque, and 11.72 quarter mile times with a RPM limited 118 mph. an drive it 3800 miles on the road averaging over 20 mpg .
So much so that the guy in the other lane has a new truck on order from us .
So Comp what is your drive pressure at 45 lbs of boost? So what your saying is my 100 lbs of boost is a restriction? It's amazing that with just some mild port work on a 12 valve head, a great camshaft, a big set of twins, and a big wastegate I can make 100 lbs of boost with only 78lbs of drive pressure. It sounds to me like the air is flowing into the motor very nicely, in fact well enough to spank project X even if I shut it down at the 1/8 and just coasted the last half. I sure wish it wouldn't pour out so much black smoke cause that's a sure sign of a low horsepower diesel.LOL

Keep it civil guys...other than that...well...that's all........LOL

I don't think project X is all that big of an accomplishment. The people around project x are in the know and just happen to be in the right place at the right time. The every day working guys that bust ass in their time off while trying to raise a family are the people I care about. Those are the people that will make or break this sport. While the likes of Banks throwing money in every magazine for advertising gets the word out. The working class is what spreads the word. I'm not impressed with a truck full of freebies that is put together by the media. Build a truck in your spare time with your spare money where you actually pay for the truck and the parts and it might mean something. If it was free for everyone, we'd all have hot rods. If anyone wants to throw some money my way, I'll build a truck and tune one that will wipe the diapers of project freebie. No NOS sponsors needed!

Last edited:
You know Richard. Ill line up across from you with Project X after a few hundred miles over the road , and I'm sure you understand the future. Ill have the truck in Denver, or Vegas, want to race. The converter for you new ride show up yet

COMP461 said:
You know Richard. Ill line up across from you with Project X after a few hundred miles over the road , and I'm sure you understand the future. Ill have the truck in Denver, or Vegas, want to race. The converter for you new ride show up yet

Converter for new ride?????????
When you ge to vegas drive project X up to St. George ( about 110 miles) and we will fill up and then drive back to vegas, and then fill up again and check our mileage, and then we will go to the track and race.:woohoo:
The future is a ford Lightning with a smoke belching 12 valve that will have a chute you can read when you are sitting behind the wheel of your banks ride.

Please come to Denver this summer boys. I want to see this lol. I'll warm up the crowd by spanking a certain Ford owned by someone who's initials are R-O-B-B-I-E

So help me understand Richard... what is the perfect balance of fuel and air and what sort of smoke would be produced? You're truck is living proof that huge power can be made with a bunch of black smoke but regardless, it will be the nail in the coffin of this hobby if everybody and their brother thinks blowing smoke on people is cool.

I'm thier. I want to see this. I've never been beat buy a Banks product, but it must be the banks downpipe I use have:hehe: COmp I see what you are saying about burning up all the fuel to make power, But some of us redneck hibbilies don't have the technology or we don't mind the smoke, we still beat a lot of people some how. Must be that dirty power*nx*

COMP461 said:
From what I remember I think Richard cna still tow his travel trailer with his truck, you might be able to tow a pop-up with project x, This outcome I would like to see.

Project X is just as it rolled out of the factory, nothing has been stripped off, and it has towed a trailer. So where did that come from. If it had been stripped It would easily run 10's The numbers from the 1/8 mile passes and the .35 it picks up with the second stage of NX , and the 11.62 pass, with a single stage , that would put it easily in the high 11.20's or low 11.30's . And a ticket out the gate. Strip off 1000 lbs of weight and you there, with a totally street driven truck.

Dockboy said:
LOL

Have plenty, but unlike some people with "fragile eggshell minds", don't feel the need to list them in every post.:hehe:
:pop:

Attachments

• screwy.gif
    screwy.gif
    987 bytes · Views: 142
Last edited:
COMP461 said:
Project X is just as it rolled out of the factory, nothing has been stripped off, and it has towed a trailer. So where did that come from. If it had been stripped It would easily run 10's The numbers from the 1/8 mile passes and the .35 it picks up with the second stage of NX , and the 11.62 pass, with a single stage , that would put it easily in the high 11.20's or low 11.30's . And a ticket out the gate. Strip off 1000 lbs of weight and you there, with a totally street driven truck.

so you can tow at full GCWR of the truck with only two leaf springs in the back? it says in diesel power that you removed all but one or two springs. just asking.

I am all about the most power and like the smoke, but I will have to agree with duke, about the smoke. I am so afraid that one of us is going to blow smoke on the wrong person one day and cause problems for us all. I would imagine the EPA would be a formidable foe, and would hate to have them on our case. Anyways back on topic.

Big power, fast trucks, who is better? The big time companies or the shadetree wrenchmaster. I have my :pop: let er rip guys.

Till one of them there big companies starts putting teams from the South on the trailer with some sort of regularity, I'll say the hilljacks (you know, those with bailing wire and smokey trucks) have the upper hand. The good news is that with more Mod/Top diesel teams in the mix, we will have a few more folks to measure with. (who makes the most power). I know of one inparticular that folks have said "man, imagine if that was in a tube truck instead of a 5500 lb prostreet truck"....... We will find out soon :woohoo:

Can any one really, I do have air Bags if needed, but to say I'm going to put a 30,000 lb. trailer behind it is a little ridicules. Project X Diesel is not a striped ford ½ ton Lightening either, it’s a Four door truck with everything still in place and its is primarily a play truck and to imply that any truck like this is primarily goal is to be a work truck is a little odd.

this was not an anything goes no expense spared magazine truck, but a representation of what the average Diesel hot rodders is doing or should be doing
I built this in my spare time it’s a balance list of what the average Diesel hot rodders is using , single turbo, injectors , tuner and fuel box, along with a cam and port work, what’s so unusual about that ,

I have always heard that anyone could do what I have done in the past, if they had the opportunities. Well you make your own opportunities, and there is a reason that this all happens

Maybe you should get on the phone and ask some one to help you

DEN said:
I am all about the most power and like the smoke, but I will have to agree with duke, about the smoke. I am so afraid that one of us is going to blow smoke on the wrong person one day and cause problems for us all. I would imagine the EPA would be a formidable foe, and would hate to have them on our case. Anyways back on topic.

Big power, fast trucks, who is better? The big time companies or the shadetree wrenchmaster. I have my :pop: let er rip guys.

Funny thing you said that, it already happened, about 2 years ago, a NHRA senior official was out for a drive. He and his wife were in their new Corvette, on the back was his NHRA decal, at a Red light a diesel truck pulled up, and preceded to bate a race. He was not going to do any street racing. but the truck keep on for the next two red lights , finally the truck positioned his exhaust pipe, by inching forward as much as possible and filled this new corvette with smoke , We have all seen the forums where everyone gets a laugh out of this . This Guy didn’t and still doesn’t and in the middle of this guys tail gate was a Diesel sanction body Decal,. Remember its not that the Gassers don’t want us at the track, its that a very few people have exhibited Bad track manors.

We all have been guilty of silly stuff in the past, but we need to work on this type of actions. NHRA dose not like smoke in excess, a little is good for the fans I believe , but the excessive kind that we all know how to control, is bad for the EGT’s and Bad for the sport

COMP461 said:
I built this in my spare time

:umno: I heard that tons more credit SHOULD be given for this project to Wes Snow. Did he not do the majority of the wrenching that the vendors who 'donated' their parts didn't do?

Just a question...... don't take any offense to it.....

wes was there as much as he could be , I would say 10 hours over a week, I spent about 40 hours , most of it in allnight Thrashes . there we several others , also no vendor wenched on this truck, they sent parts .

Did you have a Torque Lock Controller on it and what mph did you have it preset for to lock-up? And which gear did lockup start at? and one more..... what gears in rears?

no torque convertor lock up switch , just stock settings , and 3.73 with a 28 tire