Prostreet trucks for sale????

The problem with rivalries nowadays is they get too serious on the internet. You know what fills the stands here? Byron Dragway's Wheelstand Competition. Gets PACKED every year.
LOL, very true but it will be hard to do with most diesels!!! I do plan to find some 4-link settings for my truck to make it a bumper-dragger just for such occasions. Every year at the Boise Halloween Classic I watch people doing thousands of dollars in damage to their cars in order to win a few hundred for the wheelstand competition, but the crowd goes nuts for it. Maybe we need to figure out something similar for diesels? Maybe an on-track burnout contest (not just sitting still like the current ones)? Going for the longest and smokiest?

I could not agree more. If we look at the history of the NHRA, they had some very good rivalries that made their sport. They also had effective marketing behind it. The NHRDA is doing some of the marketing, but mostly out of pocket. I'm not sure if they can go the same rout or level the NHRA or NOPI can. I will say this, If the stands are full more sponsors will come to the game. Every year that I go to the SEMA show I here TCI transmissions, and Comp cams wanting to get into the game, but they would like to see numbers. This industry is quite finicky and very independent (not that it is wrong to be independent). I feel like nobody would really want the major performance parts to play until these other companies are strong and solid to compete. We do not have an infrastructure that protects the industry let alone to protect racing. Look how many tracks have closed? Redding CA. might become a 1/8 mile track. are we helping to fight for that track or any other tracks. Is the NHRA trying to help preserve it's sanctioning body.

We have a lot of issues that need to be addressed within the entire racing industry.

I hear the same kind of things each year at SEMA. Heck, a lot of the top NHRA racers have been following diesel racing, because it has been expanding as NHRA racing has been shrinking. Just off the top of my head John Force, Tim Wilkerson, Roy Johnson (Allen's dad) and Matt Smith (Pro Stock Bike and Rickie's son) have mentioned that they follow it. I think they are all just waiting for it to reach "critical mass" and grow.

I would also add that EPA is also causing issues in this industry. I'm not happy with how it has been handled on both sides.

This is one issue that is definitely standing in the way of the bigger companies getting involved. They were responsible for more than one NHRDA sponsor backing out this year. While Obama is in office I think this will continue.

It would be cool to get some fun rivalries going. I would like to see that.

agree. friendly rivalries make things more interesting, much like pro wrestling. angry rivalries makes for BS drama, much like soap operas

LOL

Good points. The upcoming movie Snake and Mongoose will showcase one of the classic fun rivalries. I'm not much for trash talking, but maybe I can play the "straight man" to someone else's "loose cannon" trash talking ;)

Back