Prostreet trucks for sale????

The money thing is a non-starter as an argument for me here. I know of a puller who recently spent 170K to build a competitive 3.0 class truck. If anyone wanted to spend that coin on a Pro Street, they could instantly kill everyone. With the existing rules where engine setbacks and Lencos can be run in the NHRDA, 7s would be a cakewalk on a good track.

The money thing is a non-starter as an argument for me here. I know of a puller who recently spent 170K to build a competitive 3.0 class truck. If anyone wanted to spend that coin on a Pro Street, they could instantly kill everyone. With the existing rules where engine setbacks and Lencos can be run in the NHRDA, 7s would be a cakewalk on a good track.

Money is definiely an issue. 170k is 5 years take home for the majority of the people here.

im not so sure id bet money on that...

You going to be at Scheid, or Rudy's event in Oct? Earlier this year, track was pretty good. I'd like to see how your truck does tubbed.

Haller really got his 2wd to leave at Truckfest, even after 50 semis went down before it.

Most pullers are farmers who can write it off. They won't race because those races are a few times a year. Where as pulling has events 2 to 4x a week for the summer when they aren't that busy. Kinda hard to get sponsor money for events that's only a couple times a year.

One thing that kills it for me is the lack of events in the midwest. East has great events like sdx and outlaw.

You going to be at Scheid, or Rudy's event in Oct? Earlier this year, track was pretty good. I'd like to see how your truck does tubbed.

Haller really got his 2wd to leave at Truckfest, even after 50 semis went down before it.

im going to schied truck isn't. if TRE can get my final project done before rudys I hope to be there.

I'm not a member of YB, I wouldn't mind you posting this over there to get there opinion on this. I think a big issue with the younger generation going to the track, whether it be with a diesel a ricer or domestic cars is they tell everyone how they run 9's, 10's or whatever. When they get to the track in front of all their friends, they get butt hurt posting up a 15 or 16 sec qt mile. Then if Johnny beat Billy with his 16 sec car, whats Billy's incentive to run his 17 sec car and get made fun of. They can all just go do diggs on the street and lie about there cars running running 9's I've seen this happen at our local track on street legal night. Also parents are a problem for the younger kids under 18. They have to sign a waiver so the kids can race. The parents think it's too dangerous! I have tried to explain to them, where would you rather have your kid drive fast, at a track where there in a controlled environment with the safety and medical crews right there or on the street where anything can go wrong.

I agree. 100%. for Minneapolis, the nearest 1/4 mile track is just over 1.5 hours away makes doing the street thing a little better gamble (for a ticket). It's a very full day if you wish to make it to a race track and do an index. If a street car breaks, it's expensive to get it towed back when you nearly 100 miles away from home.

Ok, active members. I can't say I know too many people making 6 figures.

um sorry for misunderstanding, I actually was referring to Sands post above yours. I should have checked after posting. my point was im not sure 170 dumped into a truck would give you the winner...

um sorry for misunderstanding, I actually was referring to Sands post above yours. I should have checked after posting. my point was im not sure 170 dumped into a truck would give you the winner...

I agree with Jess, you can spend whatever you want. You still have to turn the win light on first.

I agree. The lowest budget trucks in the class usually win.

I Wish I had 170K

Give me 170 and it would be on like Donkey Kong!!!! I have never mad more than 50K. You just have to be smart with your money, just like racing the guy next to you. Only do what you have to too win. You guys mite want to check out NADM. They have been paying per pass. Win Win for them and the racer! If your a one hit wonder you only get paid for one pass. If you make 5 passes you get paid pretty good!!! Money is out there you just have to go after it! You need a reliable machine and be open minded and race everywhere you can.

Give me 170 and it would be on like Donkey Kong!!!! I have never mad more than 50K. You just have to be smart with your money, just like racing the guy next to you. Only do what you have to too win. You guys mite want to check out NADM. They have been paying per pass. Win Win for them and the racer! If your a one hit wonder you only get paid for one pass. If you make 5 passes you get paid pretty good!!! Money is out there you just have to go after it! You need a reliable machine and be open minded and race everywhere you can.

Never made a salary more than $50k/year? And how much does your wife make?

I'm sure there are several people on here that make deep into the 6 figure mark. Generally those people are there for a reason and spend their money semi wisely.

I agree it's an expensive sport but not bad for someone that does it all him self. Ive been there and built two w/o a lot of sponsor help. The key is learning to do it all your self and pay out nothing that you don't have to, it makes a huge difference. About the only thing I ever had done was my machine work, and sending turbos back and forth to HTT when they failed. Short of that I build from the chassis up, engines, tranny, etc..... I cant imagine trying to do it and sub'ing all this out.

I will say one more time, the heavier the class the more expensive it will be. A light weight racer even with a really tall gear for the load is SOO much easier on the engine and transmission. Plus soo much easier and faster to work on. I'd like to see 80% of the PS guys that are sick of it and wore out, put their driveline in a 1800-2500# front "OR" rear engine dragster and have fun and watch their breakage near stop.

Everyone just needs to get the "record book" crap off their mind and race and have fun doing it. Build a relieable racer, learn to drive 'the tree' and just go have fun.

Diesel stuffs not that high, people make more out of it than is needed. At least with the 12v the relieable plateform is already there, No need to redesign the wheel to make power and go fast. Use OEM Cummins parts learn your 'fast' 'safe' tune up gear it correctly and have fun. Sure theirs that 'next level' like John's gone to with the help of Scheid and simuluar other very high HP Pullers out there using more elaborate parts, big roller cams ect.... but to run in the high 7's to anywhere in the 8's its just not needed. 1k hp 12v can be built on the cheap and live a happy life, race all season with winter freashen ups.

Tucker

Last edited:

I would guarantee it, but drag racers don't spend money like that. Keating had almost 50 1/8th mile passes with no maintenance at 3800lb running 5.50s, and John Carey held 1800hp and 0.98 60ft time in his dragster back in the 80s, so there's no reason you couldn't do it with a Pro Street other than dollars. Heck, Shane Kellogg and Haisley had more than 80 hooks at 2000+hp, which is way more than most drag trucks see. My point it, nobody with big money has stepped into Pro Street yet. Which actually makes for a fun class!

I would guarantee it, but drag racers don't spend money like that. Keating had almost 50 1/8th mile passes with no maintenance at 3800lb running 5.50s, and John Carey held 1800hp and 0.98 60ft time in his dragster back in the 80s, so there's no reason you couldn't do it with a Pro Street other than dollars. Heck, Shane Kellogg and Haisley had more than 80 hooks at 2000+hp, which is way more than most drag trucks see. My point it, nobody with big money has stepped into Pro Street yet. Which actually makes for a fun class!

Isn't Bully Dog in that class? They make it to almost every NHRDA race and a few NADM races. I think Jarid even has the NHRDA record in that class and runs cose to it each round he go's

Back