Prostreet trucks for sale????

Jeff, now that you have had the rail for awhile would you say if its cheaper or more expensive than campaigning a Pro Street truck? I really don't have the desire to travel to all of the races anymore and genuinely want out of the sport. And I guess that I started the Pro Street truck sell off when I posted mine for sale back in July. I've made a lot of great friends racing all over the country and I don't regret any of the money I spent to do that. Life has changed for me and I could really use the money from the sale of my truck to pay off some pretty big medical bills. For what I'm asking for a get in the truck and race Pro Street truck you couldn't even build a competitive engine for. And then you would get a beautiful rust free truck already setup and a built trans for FREE!!! Somebody out there needs to have just as much FUN as I did. And don't forget, this is Pro Street truck number 2 for me as we all know what happened to the million dollar 2 wheel drive! Just my 2 cents worth of logic.

Racing

Gary it is cheaper. Last year I only had to spend money on slicks. Very little on other things, I never hurt anything. This year I have hurt a few more parts but it's still so EASY to work on. I have no regrets at all on building the dragster. I bought the rolling chassis for $7800 had 5K in trans and then making it fit. I have run 4.70 flat at over 151 1/8 and have spent WAY LESS than what I did with the truck. Did I say how easy it is to work on. LOL Sorry to see you get out Gary but I understand. I have walked away from racing a couple of times. I just can't stay away. I sometimes wish I could.

Racing

I broke something in the tranny last night testing but unless it's the plantetary it will only cost a couple hundred dollars to fix. If it's the plantetary it's around 1K. I think I just smoked the clutches. It's a lot cheaper and i'm not sure why others have not went this route. It only takes about 10 min to get the tranny out. I can almost go to walmart and get tranny parts now. lol

I've put a lot of thought into this as well. Over 35k in and am struggling to keep my ambition and buy more parts. Record is such a low et now I don't see how a normal man without big sponsors could ever get there. Too deep now to back out. Although multiple times ive thought about just putting all my one off stuff for sell. I'm thinking it'll be my version of the 69 camaro with a 383 that is so common for the old man you see at the race track. Detune and it'll probably never break down. I could have one hell of a nice gen 2 viper right now instead.

Last edited:
I've put a lot of thought into this as well. Over 35k in and am struggling to keep my ambition and buy more parts. Record is such a low et now I don't see how a normal man without big sponsors could ever get there. Too deep now to back out. Although multiple times ive thought about just putting all my one off stuff for sell. I'm thinking it'll be my version of the 69 camaro with a 383 that is so common for the old man you see at the race track. Detune and it'll probably never break down. I could have one hell of a nice gen 2 viper right now instead.

I came to this exact same realization a little while ago, why the hell it is I dumped 20k+ into my DD I'll never know. I've put 25 miles on my truck in around 2.5 months, and to tell you the truth I'm having far more fun with my Audi. I'm done with building big motors until I'm a far richer man, for now I'll start cycling through toys again and making money in the process. And the money I do make will be used for the house and overseas travel. I could have had another pretty cool toy for the money into my truck.

I was, but a good shakedown pass ended in a bad meltdown. Now if I attend, I have to be a damn spectator amongst the doucher.!

Like I said on there, Byron's big bucks bracket race is this weekend. They have been or are closed to T&T from last weekend until mid September because they have a lot going on. Helps that they are 2 hours from Chicago and most people who go there to race don't want to pay for Joliet's Route 66 price for maybe 3 runs. They can drive 2 hours and get pretty much as many runs as they want for $30.

I just want to say is that I fully enjoy watching everybody race. and because of most of the competitors on this forum have inspired me and a few friends to bracket race or race in the sportsman class. You all are truly awesome and some of the best people I call friends, even if you don't like me.

There are way to many variables as to why this is the way it is. We can say economy, lack of sponsorship, lack of payouts.. etc. I have to remind my self we drive diesels, and it is not cheap no matter how we look at it. Our sponsors market well over 30% of their gross to sell only a few parts, and you don't want all of them out sourcing to China (even though some are)! I would like to say we are not marketing enough and not really looking at this out side of the box. However, lack of attendance is the key factor. I will return with a few more thoughts.

I'm just old and tired! I've got a beautiful wife, three grand kids, and I want to spend time with all of them. I'm not totally leaving the sport, just need to back up and regroup! The people in the diesel industry are like no others on earth. Great bunch of guys and gals as a whole. I'm giving someone a chance to "play with the big boys" very cheap. I'll always be around.

I am waiting for the diesel drag truck museum to open, so someone else can store it and keep it clean. :hehe:

Tim, I will volunteer for that :D

I also need to make a trip out in a few weeks. Miss you guys and some waffles.

On the drag racing its like its dying out but I see it a chance for some actual classes. I have intentions of building my 6 speed truck into a racer just to go for that record. But now it's like it won't be fun. Maybe I should just settle on a twin turbo 750 hp truck instead.

Is Drag racing Dying - Yellow Bullet Forums

Even YB is asking similar questions...

I'm not a member of YB, I wouldn't mind you posting this over there to get there opinion on this. I think a big issue with the younger generation going to the track, whether it be with a diesel a ricer or domestic cars is they tell everyone how they run 9's, 10's or whatever. When they get to the track in front of all their friends, they get butt hurt posting up a 15 or 16 sec qt mile. Then if Johnny beat Billy with his 16 sec car, whats Billy's incentive to run his 17 sec car and get made fun of. They can all just go do diggs on the street and lie about there cars running running 9's I've seen this happen at our local track on street legal night. Also parents are a problem for the younger kids under 18. They have to sign a waiver so the kids can race. The parents think it's too dangerous! I have tried to explain to them, where would you rather have your kid drive fast, at a track where there in a controlled environment with the safety and medical crews right there or on the street where anything can go wrong.

The biggest problem for the pro street class is mainly the money. Its very expensive and very time consuming. Most of the trucks in this class are not carried by big sponsors either. We have had two items sponsored to us in the last three years. Everything else comes out of our pocket. And I know the others around here are the same. Oddly enough, the top contenders in pro street are from this area(southeast). The ones that are sponsored definately have a much easier path.

Another thing that is gonna kill it is the way the associations run the events. My family has been involved in rodeo since I was young. When we enter a rodeo or roping, we know what we are going to compete for. And we dont have to pay to get into an event that we are putting on for the assn. It makes absolutely no sense why the racers have to pay gate money to get into a show when they ARE the show. You think john force and dale jr pay gate money to get in at their races, I dont think so. You think Rodney Carrington has to buy a ticket at the Fox so he can get in to put his show on?

And then there is the payouts. Nobody is in this for the payouts, but it is nice to know you can at least win enough to pay for fuel. And thats not the case at most of the events. That money goes in someone elses pocket. There is more than enough money coming in at these bigger events to have good payouts or guaranteed purses. But the racers get less and less every year. And if you dont pay the show, the show will go away.

I think it's money, and lack of anyone giving a chit anymore.

Cars don't spark a twinkle in peoples eye like they did 50 years ago, or even 10 years ago. Its too easy to stay inside and play games, or throw on the skinny jeans for a night out wit da boyz. Plus no one wants to get dirt or grease on their hands anymore, or their $50 polo will get stained.

And the money. The good old cars are harder to find, and getting more expensive by the day. The newer cars are expensive and too way too costly to modify past CAI and exhaust. And not enough people know how to build a cheap turbo LS block in a cheap beater car anymore.

It's just a different time.

I compare this to rodeo all the time, because that's my other hobby. I only compete in 1 event at 3 local rodeos, annually. In the last 4 years I've won 3 buckles, and at least $2,500. All it took was brass balls to get out there and do it, not thousands in parts, fuel, hotels, etc. I race my truck for the fun of it, but like Ashley said, it'd be nice to at least pay for fuel, hotel, something.

I compare this to rodeo all the time, because that's my other hobby. I only compete in 1 event at 3 local rodeos, annually. In the last 4 years I've won 3 buckles, and at least $2,500. All it took was brass balls to get out there and do it, not thousands in parts, fuel, hotels, etc. I race my truck for the fun of it, but like Ashley said, it'd be nice to at least pay for fuel, hotel, something.

It cost us about the same to rodeo as the cost of performance horses is sky high now days. But the market is world wide and they are easily bought and sold when needed. But we can go to 20-30 events a year and actually end up in the green at the end of the year because there is quite a bit of money to be won. You can enter a team roping for $50-75 and have a chance to win a trucks, trailers, cash, saddles, buckles, etc. And this sport grows more every year. There is a reason.

I think the people that attemt to build an association should look at sports like that to see why they work. We are much like rodeo because we pay to compete at a chance to win money. But when the competitors are crapped on, they are gonna go away. The only other option is to be like some of the pulling assn's. You have to pay them as a whole to come and put on a show. I hope it doesnt come to that, but something is gotta change if its gonna stay around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I said early on in this sport, that there should be a show up fee. 200$ or so for the guys people come to see, SS, PS and up. It would at least cover some expenses and draw more trucks IMO. And having to pay to get in the gate, flat sucks! Just like SDX this coming weekend, It costs 50$ per person going for 2 days. I could give a crap less about pulling and seeing all the idiots. It's tough to afford taking everyone both days, I race and leave.