Puking Coolant - @ recovery bottle cap

Rob D

Get R' Done
Truck is puking coolant from the recovery bottle cap...could this be EGR?

Ensure the level is at or below the MIN line on the bottle. There is a updated cap for the bottle from Ford for cheap.

I cant say exactly but it's a different cap altogether. I'd have to take pics and let you see for yourself.

would you do that please? i may need one of those for mine...

Coolant level was below the min level. Put enough coolant in to raise @ COLD engine to in between min and max...level keeps dropping below min. I'll be bringing it to Ford for diagnostics, if it is in EGR - I am just going to get a delete kit. Thanks guys.

When I read ur title I knew this was in the 6.0 category.

Even after replacing the cap, it'll still do the same thing. Do you have a white splashed residue all under your hood and everywhere? Hey get your mind out of the gutter!

It can easily be head gaskets or EGR. Has it over heated yet? If not, get it fixed before it does because you dont want to get the heads so hot they crack or warp because after that you will never get them torqued down tight enough to seal even with studs. So dont try pulling trailers or running over 80 for even a short amount of time.

My 6.0 had this same issue, but it was my own fault. It was fine until I hit it with the nitrous. :bang

It was downhill from there...

Ya white wash all over the hood. Started a couple weeks ago and just had to move down to VA from MA and was towing a 6'x12' trailer around 70 the whole way...didn't have any other options - hopefully the heads didn't warp...jesus. There wasn't any residue around the heads though. Thanks for the heads up.

I'd bet its the gaskets. I've been through them twice, and both times it happend when I was trailering a fairly light load.

--Snake

do you test for egr vs head gaskets by pressurizing the coolant system via T in one of the lines? I read this a while back but can't remember if I remember right... what pressure should the coolant system hold? 15lbs good enough without leakdown?

I noticed that to with no real explaination. There's no residue on the bottle so I chalked it up to standard venting of the bottle. Before I would always get a bit on the outside but with the new cap no residue appears.

I may just clean it all off and do more "testing" to see what develops.

Just dont run any coolant. If theres no coolant to puke problem solved:hehe:. My 6.0 does the same thing, I towed a little enclosed trailer to West Virginia and back with mine and it puked the whole way. Course I was running xtreme street and applying generous amounts of throttle

Pictures of the vomit

Attachments

• _Device_Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG01509.jpg
    _Device_Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG01509.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 44
  • _Device_Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG01510.jpg
    _Device_Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG01510.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 44
Back