Puking Coolant - @ recovery bottle cap

No smoke - truck went into the dealer today - it is leaking. Due to the aftermarket fuel system they will not do any work under warranty to the motor. After fighting with them for 10 minutes they said they would do the EGR cooler, but if they tore into and found the EGR cooler to be fine I would have to pay for the 13 hours of labor. F that. I will be getting a Delete kit, do studs and maybe injectors in the near future. Run the truck soft until then. Probably look into one of Dougs manifolds for a true delete kit. Thanks for the help everyone.

No smoke - truck went into the dealer today - it is leaking. Due to the aftermarket fuel system they will not do any work under warranty to the motor. After fighting with them for 10 minutes they said they would do the EGR cooler, but if they tore into and found the EGR cooler to be fine I would have to pay for the 13 hours of labor. F that. I will be getting a Delete kit, do studs and maybe injectors in the near future. Run the truck soft until then. Probably look into one of Dougs manifolds for a true delete kit. Thanks for the help everyone.

I am not trying to come off rude or anything, But that wasn't smart of you to bring a modified truck to the dealer. Like they say you gotta pay to play. Sometimes but not all the time If your up front and honest with the dealer about your mods they may let you slide. but obviously this dealer did not.

I never touch any car until the warranty is up, even if its something I can take off in 5 mintues. I always wait til warranty is up, so It doesn't get voided.

Honestly - not going to wait 5 years to start modding my truck and if I wanted your opinion I would have asked for it. I was upfront with the dealer - and the service manager even informed me starting Nov. 1 they will not have to call in for inspections to replace EGR coolers so to wait til then if I wanted to have it done. Bottom line is it still wouldn't be covered by warranty if they were to find nothing was wrong with the cooler bc that would mean it was the HG and they will not cover those bc of my upgrades. No chit you have to pay to play. What is not smart is to not try and get the most out of your warranty. No chit its a gamble - but it'd be stupid not to try, when you cut off your stock fuel lines theres not much you can do pal. I appreciate your trying to help and your repeating what everyone else already said and knowledge I already knew - but you can save the life counceling for the ladies, none needed over here.

Pulled the EGR valve today - had a wet oily/tar on it - wasn't just dried caked up crap. Here are some pictures. Would this elude to a cracked cooler?

Ok got something else for you to try, pull the EGR again but also jack up the rear of the truck and then look down the intake and see if you see any liquid. This would be to see if you have a leaky cooler.

i had the same problem they replaced the heads etc...miles later same issue puking everywere...and now its been puking rust latley.

Tunes out of truck. Money is saving in bank. Bigger plans to come...for now putting around.

Well,to the op,it sounds like your dealer is a complete tard.What do they mean tear it down and inspect the egr cooler? There is no reason for that egr cooler to come off of that truck to diagnose it.All they have to do is pull a vacuum on the system { I like to pull atleast 22 inches of vacuum} for 15 min.If the system loses vacuum and does not hold pressure at 1 p.s.i below cap ''pop off'' for a min. of 15 min,then all they would have to do is compare ect and eot and if eot exceeds ect by 15 degrees { I prefer them to variate no more than 10} then you also are dealing with a restricted oil cooler.If you would like,I can also tell you how to properly diagnose a head gasket failure.For those of you out there who said that ford has no way to properly test for a head gasket failure,you are highly mistaken.And to the o.p.,the tech should be able to diagnose your entre cooling system PROPERLY in an hour [WITHOUT EVER TEARING INTO THE TRUCK].If they give you anymore grief,p.m. me and I will walk you through how to properly diagnose your cooling system,I tend to know my way around a 6.0.

Well,to the op,it sounds like your dealer is a complete tard.What do they mean tear it down and inspect the egr cooler? There is no reason for that egr cooler to come off of that truck to diagnose it.All they have to do is pull a vacuum on the system { I like to pull atleast 22 inches of vacuum} for 15 min.If the system loses vacuum and does not hold pressure at 1 p.s.i below cap ''pop off'' for a min. of 15 min,then all they would have to do is compare ect and eot and if eot exceeds ect by 15 degrees { I prefer them to variate no more than 10} then you also are dealing with a restricted oil cooler.If you would like,I can also tell you how to properly diagnose a head gasket failure.For those of you out there who said that ford has no way to properly test for a head gasket failure,you are highly mistaken.And to the o.p.,the tech should be able to diagnose your entre cooling system PROPERLY in an hour [WITHOUT EVER TEARING INTO THE TRUCK].If they give you anymore grief,p.m. me and I will walk you through how to properly diagnose your cooling system,I tend to know my way around a 6.0.

More than one egr cooler has been bad and passed pressure test, so his dealer is a tard because they are thorough? Ford uses a process of elimination that ends in headgasket or internal problems(could be many things, not just gaskets), what part of that did you not comprehend?

More than one egr cooler has been bad and passed pressure test, so his dealer is a tard because they are thorough? Ford uses a process of elimination that ends in headgasket or internal problems(could be many things, not just gaskets), what part of that did you not comprehend?

How is this possible? We must not be on the same page as far as removing the egr cooler and bench testing it ie: submerged in water,under pressure for a period of time,or or you talking about the system holding a vacuum but still loses pressure with no sign of a visible leak with the cooler still installed on the vehicle?Please explain their way of properly pressure testing the egr cooler then,both on and off of the truck because there must be a breakdown in communication....:Cheer:

On the dealerships behalf - I believe they did do a pressure test - not sure to what extent. I' am not blowing any smoke so the guy I talked with said its a gamble - I am not taking a chance of spending 13 hrs labor @ $112 an hour just to find out the EGR is fine and I have to do HGs which won't be covered by warranty because of my fuel system. Truck has some big plans, probably won't come together until the spring but I can't wait to get r done:rockwoot:

David -

To what extent do you know these trucks through and through? Do you know of some good diesel performance shops in our area?

On the dealerships behalf - I believe they did do a pressure test - not sure to what extent. I' am not blowing any smoke so the guy I talked with said its a gamble - I am not taking a chance of spending 13 hrs labor @ $112 an hour just to find out the EGR is fine and I have to do HGs which won't be covered by warranty because of my fuel system. Truck has some big plans, probably won't come together until the spring but I can't wait to get r done:rockwoot:

David -

To what extent do you know these trucks through and through? Do you know of some good diesel performance shops in our area?

Man that kind of sucks about your fuel system and how they will not honor your warranty,even though your cooling system has nothing to do with your fuel system.I understand the way they are looking at it,I still do not agree with it.Good luck with whatever you decide and if you need anything,just p.m. me.

Ya - they will honor the warranty if it is just the EGR - but if its not then it defaults back to the heads so all the labor to get to the EGR and any work thereafter would not be covered...in the event the EGR was busted everything would be covered...I am just not willing to risk rolling those dice, rather just pay the labor to delete the damn kit and do some fun stuff while having it apart!

How is this possible? We must not be on the same page as far as removing the egr cooler and bench testing it ie: submerged in water,under pressure for a period of time,or or you talking about the system holding a vacuum but still loses pressure with no sign of a visible leak with the cooler still installed on the vehicle?Please explain their way of properly pressure testing the egr cooler then,both on and off of the truck because there must be a breakdown in communication....:Cheer:

It takes 800+ deg. exhaust gasses to open up the split in some coolers, so no matter what method you choose, taking it off and looking in it is the only sure fire way. You can see the remnants of the leak visually.

Back