Pull Payout poll

I would say that you guys definatly have the right handle on things with a $2000 payout going to the top 5 spots or $3100 payout for the Outlaw diesel event! I wish more events would pay out like that.

I just recieved my checks from the 2012 SDX and acutally was very disappointed. I pulled in the 2.6 class on friday. There were 85 trucks that day that had to quailify, split in to two tracks. Top 6 trucks from each track were sent to the finals that night. I qualified 1st on my track and ended up 3rd in the finals that night.. had some problems with the truck and was not able to return on Saturday.

I was expecting a decent payout considering that this is probably one of if not the biggest pulls in the country... I received $250 for quailfying 1st and $400 for 3rd that night. Considering that it was $80 to hook for qualifiying and $30 to hook again in the finals. Hell I have been to brush pulls that have paid better for just one hook. Needless to say, I am dissapointed by the fact that this was the biggest pull that I have been to with by far the best trucks out there and they pay out as if it were a brush pull...

1st=$1100, 2nd=$500, 3rd=$200, 4th=$150, 5th=$50

$2000

This would be how I would want it payed out . I won a class of around 30 trucks this year and won $90 . The most I won for first place this year was $400 out of a class of 41 .

This would be how I would want it payed out . I won a class of around 30 trucks this year and won $90 . The most I won for first place this year was $400 out of a class of 41 .

LOL, I won a pull once, and they gave me my hook fee back.

I would say that you guys definatly have the right handle on things with a $2000 payout going to the top 5 spots or $3100 payout for the Outlaw diesel event! I wish more events would pay out like that.

I just recieved my checks from the 2012 SDX and acutally was very disappointed. I pulled in the 2.6 class on friday. There were 85 trucks that day that had to quailify, split in to two tracks. Top 6 trucks from each track were sent to the finals that night. I qualified 1st on my track and ended up 3rd in the finals that night.. had some problems with the truck and was not able to return on Saturday.

I was expecting a decent payout considering that this is probably one of if not the biggest pulls in the country... I received $250 for quailfying 1st and $400 for 3rd that night. Considering that it was $80 to hook for qualifiying and $30 to hook again in the finals. Hell I have been to brush pulls that have paid better for just one hook. Needless to say, I am dissapointed by the fact that this was the biggest pull that I have been to with by far the best trucks out there and they pay out as if it were a brush pull...

You only paid $30 to hook in qualifying and $30 in the finals. The $50 you paid extra in qualifying was for the 1 day hook insurance since you werent a member of PPL. Thats why you only paid it once in qualify and it covered you for all day and that goes right to PPL's insurance not to any purse. That is any PPl event. We have to pay it here every hook if we arent a member.

We had one up here. $40 entry.....30-35trucks..... 1st $80 2nd $40 3rd $20

Really made it worth ripping the r&p outta the truck

No this was a $20 hook fee, about 12 trucks, literally I went up and asked, "what do I get for first?" "here is $20" 2nd got nothing. Somebody just made $220.

No this was a $20 hook fee, about 12 trucks, literally I went up and asked, "what do I get for first?" "here is $20" 2nd got nothing. Somebody just made $220.

Its crap like that I stopped doin brush runs. I mean we dont do this to get rich but its bull when they charge us to pull (put on the show) and charge the spectators to watch it.

Its crap like that I stopped doin brush runs. I mean we dont do this to get rich but its bull when they charge us to pull (put on the show) and charge the spectators to watch it.

if this is tom, and not just someone with a pic of his truck. i will agree its bull.. my first 3 hooks this year i had good luck getn my hook fees back, 4th hook was a brush pull and they gave me $20 to hook exhibition because i put on a show, 5th and 6th hook i got nothing. my 7th hook from tonight im curious to what fantasy is going to send me in the mail. but im not holdn my breath.

as to the Op $1000 for first, 2nd-$500, 3rd-$250, 4th-$175, 5th-$75... if you have a pull off... i'd level it out a tad more, but a purse like that would def get decent attention.

Last edited:
if this is tom, and not just someone with a pic of his truck. i will agree its bull.. my first 3 hooks this year i had good luck getn my hook fees back, 4th hook was a brush pull and they gave me $20 to hook exhibition because i put on a show, 5th and 6th hook i got nothing. my 7th hook from tonight im curious to what fantasy is going to send me in the mail. but im not holdn my breath.

as to the Op $1000 for first, 2nd-$500, 3rd-$250, 4th-$175, 5th-$75... if you have a pull off... i'd level it out a tad more, but a purse like that would def get decent attention.

yup its me

The non-sanctioned ISP (Illini State) Street Diesels seem to pay out good compared to what you guys are saying.

$20 hook, I got $50 for 6th place. They seem to normally pay back 7 spots.

Platteville pull? How'd that go? Decent amount of trucks?

yeah i was suprised i think it was 9 trucks total i hooked 7th. 1jerry crow, 2blackout, 3some white ppumped 24v, 4 chris klar, 5 either a empire dmax (scheaffer? or an empire 6.7 cummins tuner truck) then another dmax, and me and sam levoy both broke.

Schaffers have a yellow dmax. The white ex cab ppump 24v is a buddy of mine. Glad to see he did pretty good. Got other buddies of mine up there pulling tractors tonight. Lol

Sorry for the derail. Back to regularly scheduled payout talk...

Me and my buddies years ago used to run demo derbies. Seemed there was 1 every weekend at every county fair. Just like there's a pull every weekend. We never could figure out why a derby could give $1000 for first $5-700 for 2nd $300ish for 3rd. Yet for the pulls, 1st place is like $150, yet you pay dang near the same entry fee. Guess pulling promoters think they're time is worth more... Granted they gotta get a sled. But still...

We charge $3000 for sled and track crew& tech. So around $2000 for just sled. Southern impact is around $1500 I believe

I know the owner of southern impact, he got $2800 from the tn valley fair for 2 nights.

these sled owners can man there money back in a year with that kind of pricing . They are not cheap to build but if you run 2/3 maybe 4 events a week you are making money on the investment in a year,