Pump gear torque spec.....

HRDROKN

Prestige Worldwide
Anyone know off hand what the torque spec is for the pump gear retaining nut?

Thanks!

I have never had a single problem at 144ft lbs as long as the shaft is clean.

Eric

Everyone has their opinion on this, the book is 144, I go until the motor turn over and have never had a problem when the shaft is clean.

180 ft lbs. Stop engine from rolling over by putting wench in balancer crank sensor groove to the frame.

I went 160 last time I did mine, I'll probably do the same next time as well when I put it all together. Putting the barring tool in the bellhousing adapter works great for holding the engine in place :)

....or just put a 22 mm with a ratchet on the alternator and use the opposing forces approach while doing the torquing of the pump nut.

Jim

or buy an adjustable pump gear that has a key, so you dont have to worry about slipping ever again ;o)

....or just put a 22 mm with a ratchet on the alternator and use the opposing forces approach while doing the torquing of the pump nut.

Jim

That's what I did as well, makes it really easy to torque the nut to spec since the alternator nut gets turned left and the pump nut gets turned to the right.

I just replace the timing pin with a steel one I made, works well at 160ftlbs

I stopped using a tq wrench, and just use a breaker bar...if it clicks, it's too tight:D

Chris

i went #170, and stuck a chisel in gear to stop it from spinning

Tighten it till it strips then back it off half a turn :D

I would not recommend this, I have done this and it is no fun to fix.

P4110123.jpg

P4110125.jpg

When this happened we were only at about 75ish, it was the first time the truck had been touched, and now I have a die to chase the pump shaft.