pump or DV problem?

DieselPower359

Addicted to #2
getting some blueish smoke at startup for a few minutes, seems to clear up after a couple/few no load WOT punches to. Just finished installing DDP2 injectors and it did this before and after the install, you can crack the #2 injector line and it clears the smoke and doesnt make a change in engine sound. Is this a stuck DV or something else? it can't be a coincidence that both injectors that are in the #2 cylinder are bad.. Any suggestions?

Either You have a compression problem (i.e rings) or a fuel delivery problem. Does the motor have a skip to it? If so remove the fuel line from the top of the delivery valve holder and see if there is a small amount of fuel in the dish where the line sits, if not your delivery valve is not seating (I have seen the seats in upside down)

there is a little fuel in the dish, so is that cylinder low on compression? I have to get an adapter for my compression tester before I can know for sure.

I would check the copmression next, I believe it should be about 400psi or better.

Also, after its been running and cleared up for awhile, then I shut it down and restart it, it lightly smokes again for awhile but it will clear up in the same manner as stated above.

Will do, my snap-on timing set should be here today or tomorrow so hopefully I'll get some results soon. Thanks

well timing was a little low, about 11, bumped it up to about 14 - 14.5 and the smoke clears alot quicker and it sounds alot better.