Pwoject Wicked Wabbit

wideopen said:
exLightbulb.jpg
I can understand the Mississipi guys not understaning the concept of the Light bulb...but I assumed the UTAH guy would know what it was...LOL J/K

Phillis, I can see right now that at the next diesel meet we both attend I will be getting you "Crank the Bullydog truck" drunk and challenge you to a chassis pull :poke: :D :D :D

wideopen said:
exLightbulb.jpg
I can understand the Mississipi guys not understaning the concept of the Light bulb...but I assumed the UTAH guy would know what it was...LOL J/K

That's just wrong man wrong....:kick:

I guess I should have also mentioned the snow on the ground along with the cold and dark..

smartass...

dan

I will give yall an up date. The diesel is running good and today i dropped the gasser out for Billy stay on him to get some pics up here. Billy i got a new digital cam I can help with pics.

I have to remember to charge the batteries for mine, or just use yours gimpy LOL

Thanks again for yanking the gasser for me :rockwoot:

Hey Billy, does that wabbit engine have oil squirters?

What year is it again?

dan

1980, and I have been doing some more looking at the motor, it is NOT a factory turbo on it.

Get anything done on this?

I just picked up a factory turbo engine for my jetta, need to rebuild it but that just means it will be all good when it's running...

dan

Nope, been busier than a one armed paper hanger, maybe now with a little more light in the evenings I can get it going, Lord knows i need to with $2.70 diesel :bang

Pretty slick project Billy!

The first diesel and the first 5spd I ever drove was my dad's silver 81 VW diesel pickup and I was about 10 at the time.

F'd me up ever since.LOL

Look on tdiclub for a VW pickup with TWINS but don't expect a hood or a Roush Racing plumbing job....

We leave for OK on Friday to pick up 4 VW Rabbit PU's...that makes 5 total. We're hoping to get 2 running for daily driving, and one more for me to play with:D
I've got a GT17 turbo sitting here to put on one and see how far we can push one before it pops:D:D

Chris

Toss in some studs and a 1.9 metal head gasket and huff away!!!
30 psi no problem...

I just picked up a turbo engine for my jetta, need to rebuild but it's complete, IP, Turbo etc. I'm pumped. Now if I could just do something with it...
i walk out ot the shed ever couple days and look at the turbo and IP, I think I'm going to send the pump to Giles :evil toss on a 3 notch meatal head gasket, APR studs, one of them fancy down pipes and find me a FMIC and go to town.

dan

I have this mental picture of you guys and your VW's comin' off the line next to a AMC Pacer and the victory party we would have after you smoke the Pacer by a 1/2 a pickup length! :hehe: I love it...WABBIT POWWA!!!! I LOVE IT!!! LOL

..be vewy vewy quite.....

4x4dually said:
I have this mental picture of you guys and your VW's comin' off the line next to a AMC Pacer and the victory party we would have after you smoke the Pacer by a 1/2 a pickup length! :hehe: I love it...WABBIT POWWA!!!! I LOVE IT!!! LOL

..be vewy vewy quite.....

You can bet I'll drag race it...as light as it is, it shouldn't be too hateful with about 120hp:D The problem will be getting it to hold together long enough to make a pass...I've herd the clutches are trash too;)

Remember I'm not talking about hitting 12's or anything ridiculous, but maybe I can break into the 16's or even the 15's:D

Chris

Signature600 said:
You can bet I'll drag race it...as light as it is, it shouldn't be too hateful with about 120hp:D The problem will be getting it to hold together long enough to make a pass...I've herd the clutches are trash too;)

Remember I'm not talking about hitting 12's or anything ridiculous, but maybe I can break into the 16's or even the 15's:D

Chris

Ceramic 4 puc clutch with a lightened flywheel. Hang the FU*K ON!!!!!!!

Can you say no traction? Need better tires.

dan

zukgod1 said:
Ceramic 4 puc clutch with a lightened flywheel. Hang the FU*K ON!!!!!!!

Can you say no traction? Need better tires.

dan

Quit posting crap like that without telling me where to get it;)
Actually, I can't wait to hear what Peter @ SBC says when I tell him I want a hi-po clutch for a Radgit:thankyou2:

Better tires are easy too...just no with the factory wheels!

I smell another money pit:bang :bang

Chris